Final Chapters in Sr. Lucia's Book

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

The Final Chapters in Sister Lucia’s book, “Calls” from the Message of Fatima comprise Parts 3 and 4. Part 3 is on the 10 Commandments and Part 4 is on the Mysteries of the Rosary. Today, I begin with Chapter 23 in which Sister wrote:

…It may possibly occur to someone to ask me: “What have the 10 commandments got to do with the Message of Fatima?” I answer that they have a great deal to do with it: they are among the chief aims of the Message. In fact, Our Lady ended the series of her apparitions in Fatima with these words: "Do not offend the Lord our God any more, because He is already so much offended.

There can be no doubt that what offends God most is the breaking of His law; all Sacred Scripture confirms this. All the Prophets protested against the breaking of God’s law; and in the same way, Jesus condemns it also as does the Church which continues to speak in His Name in our own day…

God willing, I will continue posting from this chapter 23, entitled: “Knowledge of God”, and then move on to the remaining chapters until the book is completed. I hope this is helping others as it is helping me to observe in a special way this 100th Anniversary Year of Our Lady’s Apparitions to the 3 little shepherd children at Fatima.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Peace

Thanks for your reply, hazcompat,

The beauty of the “Hail Mary” is surpassed only by the Lord’s prayer to Our Father. :slight_smile:
How blessed Sister Lucia and her two little cousins were at Fatima to gaze on Mary! How exceedingly blessed they are now to be with our Mother in their eternal Home with God!

Yes, dear sister, MariaChristi–and how much easier it is to keep the Commandments with the help of Our Lady of Fatima, our sweet Mother. That is why she said her Immaculate Heart is the way which leads us to God, and repeatedly asked us to pray the Rosary of her Son.

Here is something from Pope St. Pius X:

"Those, alas! furnish us by their conduct with a peremptory proof of it, who seduced by the wiles of the demon or deceived by false doctrines think they can do without the help of the Virgin. Hapless are they who neglect Mary under pretext of the honor to be paid to Jesus Christ! As if the Child could be found elsewhere than with the Mother!

1. If then God has such a horror of sin as to have willed to keep free the future Mother of His Son not only from stains which are voluntarily contracted but, by a special favor and in prevision of the merits of Jesus Christ, from that other stain of which the sad sign is transmitted to all us sons of Adam by a sort of hapless heritage: who can doubt that it is a duty for everyone who seeks by his homage to gain the heart of Mary to correct his vicious and depraved habits and to subdue the passions which incite him to evil?
    w2.vatican.va/content/pius-x/en/encyclicals/documents/hf_p-x_enc_02021904_ad-diem-illum-laetissimum.html

Thanks dear brother Pat,

The more we ponder the words of saints the more convinced we become of our own need for Mary’s loving intercession, that we may, by God’s Grace, correct our bad habits and subdue our passions, and become holy as we are called to be!

Immaculate Heart of Mary, Mother and Model of the Church, pray for us.
Jesus, we trust in You.
Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Your Faithful. Kindle in us, the fire of your Love.

Yes, we need our Lady so much. That’s why Blessed Pope Pius IX said that the foundation of all our hope is in Mary (Ubi Primum).

Here is Pope Leo XIII on how much we need the Rosary to keep our perspective and the commandments:

1. God gave us a most precious blessing when He gave us faith. By this gift we are not only raised above the level of human things, to contemplate and share in the divine nature, but are also furnished with the means of meriting the rewards of heaven; and therefore the hope is encouraged and strengthened that we shall one day look upon God, not in the shadowy images of His creatures, but in the fullest light, and shall enjoy Him forever as the Supreme Goodness. But the Christian is kept so busy by the various affairs of life and wanders so easily into matters of little importance, that unless he be helped with frequent reminders, the truths which are of first importance and necessity are little by little forgotten; and then faith begins to grow weak and may even perish.
    w2.vatican.va/content/leo-xiii/en/encyclicals/documents/hf_l-xiii_enc_08091892_magnae-dei-matris.html

Thanks dear brother Pat,

This stood out to me in the above quote:

…the Christian is kept so busy by the various affairs of life and wanders so easily into matters of little importance, that unless he be helped with frequent reminders, the truths which are of first importance and necessity are little by little forgotten; and then faith begins to grow weak and may even perish

It seems to me, we can see this in the case of true devotion to Mary, in our day. Sister Lucia in writing her book was speaking from the wellsprings of worship she experienced from God through Mary, – yet how many Catholics have taken time to read her last book? How many take time to seek God’s Will in their lives, to listen to His Word and to do the Truth one hears by God’s Grace. How much time is given to praying the Rosary, as Mary requested at Fatima?

Let us examine our own minds and hearts and repent of our own negligence and by God’s grace strive to make this truly the Lord’s Day, giving Him honor at Mass and receiving Him worthily in Holy Communion as Mary did. If we are not in the state of Sanctifying Grace, let us get to confession as soon as possible and humbly seek not to offend Him anymore,

Mary, Mother and Model of the Church, pray for us.
Jesus, we trust in You.
Come Holy Spirit, fill the Hearts of Your faithful; kindle in us, the fire of Your Love.

Dear sister,

Yes, we have sinned. Yet as Vatican II tells us, Mary brings us the gifts of eternal salvation from Jesus.

We are children, and if we don’t look to our Mother for help we fall into all kinds of trouble.

I would be so sad still without my Mother.

Here is Pope Saint JPII:

Mary shares our human condition, but in complete openness to the grace of God. Not having known sin, she is able to have compassion on every kind of weakness. She understands sinful man and loves him with a Mother’s love. Precisely for this reason she is on the side of truth and shares the Church’s burden in recalling always and to everyone the demands of morality. Nor does she permit sinful man to be deceived by those who claim to love him by justifying his sin, for she knows that the sacrifice of Christ her Son would thus be emptied of its power. No absolution offered by beguiling doctrines, even in the areas of philosophy and theology, can make man truly happy: only the Cross and the glory of the Risen Christ can grant peace to his conscience and salvation to his life.
w2.vatican.va/content/john-paul-ii/en/encyclicals/documents/hf_jp-ii_enc_06081993_veritatis-splendor.html

Thanks, brother Pat,

What a great quote from St. John Paul II! I read that encyclical many years ago and how timeless his words are still today, and maybe even more so – because they are so True!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.