Final straw for me to leave Catholicism

I have a feeling this has to do with the fall of Israel, not the Catholic Church. Given that the Church is a global institution and not just a kingdom like Israel, which had fallen multiple times.

Also the prophecies contained in the first part of the book of Isaiah refer to the period in which Isaiah himself lived. In the year 738 the political horizon of the Near East was overshadowed by the growing threat of the military strength of Assyria, which was ruled at the time by Tiglath- Pileser III (724727). The northern kingdom (Israel) had fallen to the Assyrians in 721, and Judah, in the south, had become a vassal of Assyria and was about to succumb politically and spiritually in the reign of Ahaz.

So it does seem to make sense that this passage has to do with Israel

We’re ALL Praying for YOU.

Do you stand to lose friends and family if you leave?

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

28 When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, 29 because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law.

human politics and race are two things one should not use as a reason to leave our lord Jesus. Please, take a second to breathe, pray, and talk to someone like a trusted priest and air your grievances

I love when talking about averages how people love to throw out the outliers like it disproves the average.

Not me. I won’t abandon the Catholic Church when she is going through trials. But good luck in your search, and I hope you find peace in what you are looking for.
I hope you will not start a bunch of threads on this topic. We hate to see you go.

No because if that were true, straight men would also have 5-6 times number of partners as straight women on average, yet they’re only 20% more.

We’ll leave the light on for you.

light

So, God wants us to commit murder by abortion? Where is that in the bible prophesy?

Less than 2% of the Catholic clergy are engaged in sexual abuse. There are more than a 120 reports a year from protestant churches. You don’t hear that in the liberal news.

I’m the guy who got a c in economics, but the delta between gay men and straight men has to account for the relatively fewer straight women who are interested in regular casual hookups.

and the delta between gay men and straight men is that they’re gay, not that they’re men

If that were true, lesbians would have similar numbers of partners as gay men, which is definitely not the case.

And you will, in either 2020 or in 2024.

Recent policies have been put in place, recommending that men with “deep-seated homosexual tendencies” not be given admission to seminary.

That doesn’t mean that any existing priest who is gay is an “invalid priest.”

Moreover, are you certain that “40-80% of priests [are] gay”? Some have guessed at the number, but no one knows for sure.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest that perhaps the attitude that you’re perceiving is a reflection of the attitude you’ve been projecting. So… “where is your charity?” :wink:

I’m hearing ‘frustration’ moreso than ‘hate’.

The problem with the approach Canada is taking is how they identify ‘bully’, ‘minority’, and who gets to make that determination (as well as the recourse the accused has, once the accusation has been leveled).

Lets call a spade a spade.

One error I find, and I dont even think it is intentional, Is lessening the abuse because of protestant/real world/boy scout, etc percentages, blaming gay sexual orientation, everyone is a sinner mentality.

What the abusive priests did directly to children is worse than Judas or those who were not there at the Crucifixion, or Peter denying Christ.

Their role as representatives of Christ on earth makes their sin that much worse. In a spiritual sense, it is worse than murder, rather than killing the body, they are killing the soul of an innocent child.

“If anyone causes one of these little ones–those who believe in me–to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.”

The fact that it happened so many times, over so many years, in the manner it did, is truly unfathomable.

It is a mistake to criticize anyone who this effects with thoughts of leaving the Church, questioning their faith, or even turn away from Christ, with anything other than sympathy and prayers. To do less, is to not truly acknowledge just how horrific these crimes are.

Well feel free to cite data proving your unsupported hypothesis that if straight men had equal access to sex as gay men, they would have equal number of lifetimes partners. Maybe that research was done in some controlled environment, but highly doubtful and even if was done, sample size far lower than data I cited.

Edit: going down a rabbit hole. Sorry OP.

PM me, this is not fair to OP

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.