Finally made con act; please pray!

All:

I finally received a reply from the Visitation in Tyringham. Sister Mary Emmanuel says that Mother wants to present my request to her Council before they send me more information. I do not know how this will go, but I am hoping all will be well.

Please pray for me and for the Tyringham Visitation. I am really hoping to enter there, but it is up to Mother. She will decide what is right; I think we should pray for her especially, since I know her job must be very difficult.

Thank you all for your prayers. I know I have posted on here before, and the responses are always wonderful. God bless CAF and all its members; your support is an amazing blessing.

Love you guys!

Our dear Lord, may Your desires to this person be wonderfully fulfilled.
We entrust her life and the decisions concerning her vocation, to Your Holy Spirit.

Praying!!!

I remember when my daughter applied to enter a convent. The waiting was killing her. I knew her calling was real, but I didn’t know if THEY knew it. So without my daughter’s knowledge, I wrote a letter to one of the head Sisters to intervene on her behalf, and told her what I knew about my daughter.

The head Sister, wrote me back and told me that I reminded her of her sainted Father, and knew how special the love is between a father and daughter. In the end, my daughter was accepted and I had to do one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. I had to let my daughter go.

Fast forward 6 years. My daughter just renewed her temporary vows this week and in 2 years will take her final vows. She will begin teaching 4th grade math and science this year (theirs is a teaching order). Still I miss her terribly.

Anyway - I’m praying for you!

Peace,
John Marie Philomena

I’ve also realized that my mac’s built-in spell check has turned “contact” into “con act.” Sorry everyone! I don’t think I have the super threadmaster powers to fix it, so that’s my bad!

[quote="JohnMPhilomena, post:4, topic:334945"]
I remember when my daughter applied to enter a convent. The waiting was killing her. I knew her calling was real, but I didn't know if THEY knew it. So without my daughter's knowledge, I wrote a letter to one of the head Sisters to intervene on her behalf, and told her what I knew about my daughter.

The head Sister, wrote me back and told me that I reminded her of her sainted Father, and knew how special the love is between a father and daughter. In the end, my daughter was accepted and I had to do one of the hardest things I've ever done. I had to let my daughter go.

Fast forward 6 years. My daughter just renewed her temporary vows this week and in 2 years will take her final vows. She will begin teaching 4th grade math and science this year (theirs is a teaching order). Still I miss her terribly.

Anyway - I'm praying for you!

Peace,
John Marie Philomena

[/quote]

John Marie, this is an amazing story. Thank you for sharing; your daughter is blessed to have you. And since this is a prayer thread, may I ask you to pray for my family? As of now, only my mother knows about my possible vocation. She has very clear visions of a future for me that involves a husband, children, and a Ph.D. teaching at university.

My original life plan went something like that, but God threw those plans out the window a few years ago. My family is Southern Baptist; as you can imagine, they aren't as enthused as I am. I know this will be hard for them; they probably need more prayers than I do.

[quote="classica87, post:6, topic:334945"]
John Marie, this is an amazing story. Thank you for sharing; your daughter is blessed to have you. And since this is a prayer thread, may I ask you to pray for my family? As of now, only my mother knows about my possible vocation. She has very clear visions of a future for me that involves a husband, children, and a Ph.D. teaching at university.

My original life plan went something like that, but God threw those plans out the window a few years ago. My family is Southern Baptist; as you can imagine, they aren't as enthused as I am. I know this will be hard for them; they probably need more prayers than I do.

[/quote]

Your family may not be thrilled now, but I'm guessing they will all convert eventually. I did. I was a non-practicing Methodist when my daughter joined and now I'm a happy God-fearing Catholic!

And remember, your parents don't choose your vocation. You do. So whatever visions your mother had are not relevant, and may have come from someplace other than God.

Of course I will pray for your family.

Peace,
John

[quote="classica87, post:5, topic:334945"]
I've also realized that my mac's built-in spell check has turned "contact" into "con act." Sorry everyone! I don't think I have the super threadmaster powers to fix it, so that's my bad!

[/quote]

That's funny. I wondered where the thread name came from. My first thought was "con act" = "act of contrition"?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.