Finances/Discernment?

All Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ, Supreme Provider and Counselor.

I would like to ask prayers for a rather dire financial situation.  $30,000 credit debt, and $100,000+ mortgage debt.  and unemployed.  My profession has me in a Union Membership which will not allow me to look for other work. (I've been laid off a long time,-no upcoming  jobs in sight) I've been pursuing a separate business venture which has brought much success for others, but so far, has yielded little results for me.  Discernment:  Lord, Am I wasting time & money with this business venture against your will?  Do I leave the Union & find employment elsewhere, thus risking my career by accepting much lower pay?

Not really looking for advice here(though not hostile to it either, albeit lack of details), I'm really just asking for prayers to get money to pay my bills, and for discernment at a crossroads. (no handouts, just prayers please) I haven't posted here before, but I promise prayers in kind to all others here & to those who read. I'm familiar with the Rosary, Sr. Faustina's Chaplet of Divine Mercy & devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. God bless You All & Thank You Sincerely,

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to post in the Faith and Finance forum of Catholic Answers...although of course the decision is yours, and personal.

Jesus I ask You to give guidance, as You doubtless were involved in trade for a period before You took up Your public mission. We believe that You learned woodwork from Joseph, and must have been involved or at least aware of family needs, and the process of the running of Joseph's business. We know that Your first concern is for our spiritual welfare, but we also know that the whole human person is important to You. Please help our brother to make the right choices regarding both his employment, and his debts and financial responsibilities.

Thank You, Jesus

Lord Jesus Christ, plumberguy needs nothing more than Your help. Allow him to see Your hand in his life, and find peace in Your plan for him. Amen!!

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day, our daily bread, and forgive us our tresspasses, as we forgive those who tresspass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen!! :signofcross:

Faith & finance, ah yes, good advice Trishy, ( Lack of Familiarity with site). I thank you all for your kindness & prayers. Nothing definitive yet, but I believe it will come.

God Bless All

I hadn’t got back to you yet, but you are in my prayer intentions for today! :slight_smile:
Your situation made me think of one of my sons who has similar debt levels, but after some very shaky times, when I even had to help him with bread and milk, has created a niche for himself in his trade. He is doing better now.
So I’m happy to keep you in my prayers.
God bless you. :slight_smile:

Praying for you and your financial struggles ...

Hail Mary
Full of grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God
pray for us sinner now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

praying

Jesus I ask You to give guidance, as You doubtless were involved in trade for a period before You took up Your public mission. We believe that You learned woodwork from Joseph, and must have been involved or at least aware of family needs, and the process of the running of Joseph's business.

We know that Your first concern is for our spiritual welfare, but we also know that the whole human person is important to You. Please help our brother to make the right choices regarding both his employment, and his debts and financial responsibilities.

Thank You, Jesus

Lord, I pray that Plumberguy can start attending daily Mass to help him with his discernment and to help him grow even closer to you. You will be able to strengthen him and offer him graces and healing when he receives you in the Eucharist and will be able to help him see things even clearer when he hears Your Word proclaimed. Bless him with some influx of money, Lord, so he can get out of debt and serve you without this financial burden hanging over him. You felt the weight of your cross on your way to Calvary but were supported a great deal by the strength of Simon. Please help Plumberguy to always have family and friends to help support him with the weight of his cross. But, please, may you be the strength in Plumberguy's life by supplying him with all the graces he needs to persevere, to be courageus, strong, patient, faithful, hopeful and loving. Bless Plumberguy with a profound trust in you and, please, help him to gain some employment or some profit from his venture soon. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Actually, I have been going to daily Mass, so that is answered. It is very heartwarming to have you all praying & building my faith! Thank you all so much! (No significant news yet) I pray for God’s blessing on all who reply here, as well!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.