Finances

God is great and takes care of all our needs. My husband and I have never really had to worry about finances. I recently graduated from college and am looking for a job, and we are currently having to be very careful and watch our money. Today, all our bills came out, and we have $75 in our bank account. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it this low. It’s a little scary. I also put a $25 check in the collection basket last night at Mass. I thought about putting a stop on the check, but I thought about the poor widow and what Jesus said about her. I’m trusting that God will reward our faithfulness and that I will find a job soon because of this.

Please pray. Thank you.

Praying! God tells us to “**ring the full tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house; and thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you an overflowing blessing.” Malachi 3:10

I applaud you for your commitment to the Lord despite the poor outlook. But God promises that He will bless you for it.**

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily Bread.
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us
And lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil

Praying that God will look after your needs, just as he clothes the lilies and gives food to the birds.

I will be praying for you, please pray for us as well. It has been like this at my house this past year as well. Hang in there. God will provide, but it is SO VERY HARD TO TRUST. We will all make it through and one day we will look back on this with fond memories of how learned to make do. Just like the stories my parents and grandparents would tell about their own struggles.

Consider this an opportunity to grow in your trust and faith in God. We don’t really understand how to lean on God unless life pushes us in that direction. Only when I’m struggling or suffering are my prayers the most pure and heartfelt. You’re left no choices except to either “let go and let God”, or give up. I’m praying your situation improves. In the meantime, thank God that He sent you this cross to bear.

May Our Lord meet all your spiritual and temporal needs and help you to trust in his goodness, wisdom, and providence.

Our Father…
Hail Mary…
Glory be…

Amen.

Thanks so much everyone!

Praying hard for great improvement in your financial situation.

Hi everyone
I applied to several day cares last night, and one emailed me today asking me to come in for an interview! This is not exactly the job I wanted, since I’m probably overqualified, but I’m really happy and excited about the prospect of a job. And I know it’s because of your prayers!

Praise God!

Thanks everyone and please keep praying! My interview was cancelled but we are supposed to reschedule. The check I used to pay my water bill bounced and now I have to pay a $35 fee in addition to the bill :frowning: Thankfully my mom is going to pay it and I will pay her back. But I am so humiliated and embarrassed, I have never bounced a check in my life. I’m glad this is here to ask for prayer because I would be way too embarrassed to ask anyone in person.

Still praying :gopray:

Thanks, you are awesome! I’ve also prayed for you and will keep doing so. If anyone else on this thread wants to post their own intentions so that I may pray for you in return, please do so. I won’t feel like you are “stealing my thread.”

Still praying for you! Please pray for my financial situation, too, if you don’t mind!

Thanks, I will!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.