Finding a Catholic Fix through CAF

I struggle to know where else to post this, but this seemed good.

I just wanted to share how much I love the CAF and website. It’s been a blessing, and I have learned so much! It really helped me as I came into the Catholic Church this past Easter.

I find that i come here for a “Catholic Fix” as I like to call it. Currently I cannot attend Daily mass, and it seems the only contact I have right now with my parish is at Sunday Mass. I don’t really know a lot of people, though I want to get involved in one or more of the groups among the parish. It’s a bit complicated too because I am a SAHM for my 5 year old DD…since it is summer, she is always with me days. My DH is not accepting of my new found faith, and I have made a promise to not confuse our DD by teaching her my views…they are both LDS, as was I until recently. Initially I respected it because I wanted to keep my marriage together. Unfortunatley now it puts me in a bind. Essentially it means I hestitate to join any groups that meet during the week when husband is working, and DD is with me…SO, what that means is this website, and the CA radio show are my daily fixes.

I know I really need to get some books and read when I can. I feel very much like I am floundering in my faith. Not that I am losing it, just that it’s really hard to hold onto my strength in it. When I can come here, it fills me, nearly as much as receiving Eucharist! (I said nearly, of course I know nothing can really compare to that!).

In the fall when DD goes to kindergarten I will have a few hours again daily to attend Adoration, and any other activities that would be church related, that I cannot include my DD in.

True, I could get a sitter, but it’s difficult. For now, this website is a blessing in my life, and I am grateful for it and all the wonderful folks I have been able to have discussions with.

Thank You to the creators of this site, and to all of you who have helped me into the Catholic Faith! God Bless!

amen!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I believe your family will follow you to the Truth. Pray & let God work it out i.e. wait & watch it unfold.
I am praying form your family now. I never would have believed my DH would have converted w me. But I got out of the way & it happened! :thumbsup:

I find this CAF wonderful also. And very helpful. And the people in it just wonderful and loving people :slight_smile:

I have made this site to help fellow catholics.
everycatholicblog.blogspot.com/

For another catholic fix! :slight_smile:

May the merciful Jesus bless you

Thank you so much for your blog, I actually found it yesterday and was able to print an entire book on one of my Patron Saints! :slight_smile:

Thank you for the link to your blog :slight_smile:

Well Done!!!

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

May I recommend another catholic fix?

Listen to Mother Angelica

Youtube has many videos on mother angelica
youtube.com/results?searc…+angelica&aq=f

You can download it using atube catcher
download.cnet.com/aTube-Catch…-10969422.html

Mother Angelica has hundreds of free podcasts
motherangelicalive.blogspot.com/

She will console you and teach you catechism and about Jesus

Listening to her brings such deep peace and joy in my heart. She is very witty too

May the merciful Jesus bless you :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.