Finding it difficult to forgive others

Well I think it depends on the person. For some forgiving others may be comparitively easy than being chaste, for some the opposite.

Your probably right about this, for those who have a stronger sex drive. However, I think, if I had the choice, I’d rather be celibate and able to hold grudges against people than sexually fulfilled and having to forgive jerks.

I think that Christians need to emphasize the forgiveness nature of our faith. We’re programmed to be sinners to the core, whether it be sexual, envy, you name in-forgiveness of ourselves is such a gift the Lord gives us. It’s amazing.

Jesus was tortured, mocked and crucified. He was innocent and did not deserve it. He never opened his mouth to tell the people that they were offending Him.

Jesus hung on that cross, looked at them and prayed “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do”.

Spend time looking at the crucifix

I think the BEST prayer in this situation is the way Christ Himself taught us to pray…

… Forgive our trespasses (sins, transgressions, etc), as we forgive those who trespass against us.

Ask Christ to open your heart to the forgiveness that you want others to have for you.

[quote="kage_ar, post:23, topic:189222"]
Jesus was tortured, mocked and crucified. He was innocent and did not deserve it. He never opened his mouth to tell the people that they were offending Him.

Jesus hung on that cross, looked at them and prayed "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do".

Spend time looking at the crucifix

[/quote]

I was thinking that he should confront (probably a bad word) the offenders more for the reason of giving the people a chance to make things right, to explain themselves, or even just to make them aware. It's a good idea to clear the air, if possible.

Definitely not to set them straight, though. I can see where that was confusing.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.