'Finding Sanctuary' Monastic steps for everyday life by Abbot Christopher Jamison

Have you read the beautiful little book ‘Finding Sanctuary’ Monastic steps for everyday life by Abbot Christopher Jamison of Worth Abbey?

Its a beautiful little book to bring into everyday life Monastic lessons in an informal way, covering silence, contemplation, obedience, humility, community, spirituality, hope.

Pax vobiscum +

I read it a few years ago and it was great. It got me interested in monastic spirituality.

I was privileged enough to meet the (now former) Abbot and hear him speak on several occasions a few years ago. He also played a leading role in the production of a TV series called “The Monastery” which screened on BBC a few years ago. The series is availble on YouTube (in 18 parts!) here: worthabbey.net/bbc/links-youtube.htm

I just finished reading this book and I loved it!
It’s a very sweet, short book that I felt really introduced me to the benedictine monastic life.
I wrote down a bunch of what I learned and loved the practice of Lectio Divina.

~ PetiteFoi

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.