Finnish Lutheran Bishop Turning Catholic

I heard this first on Jesse Romero’s weekly radio program and found the article on the Web. This is very significant, and I pray that more Protestants will come back to their True Home.

Jorge. :slight_smile:

[quote=Delgadoajj]I heard this first on Jesse Romero’s weekly radio program and found the article on the Web. This is very significant, and I pray that more Protestants will come back to their True Home.

Jorge. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Many are. Have you seen ‘The Journey Home’ on EWTN?

We are already seeing so many examples of the “early fruit” from Pope John Paul II’s public suffering and death. He said that he wished for his death to be useful. I am sure he is amazed with the ways in which the Holy Spirit has been able to use his death to bring attention to the Church. I’m sure it’s not coincidence that the Finnish Bishop has announced the desire to rejoin the Catholic Church at this time in the Church’s history.

BTW- Great music on the site that you provided! :dancing:

I am sensing more unity than division nowadays.

I think if people would recognize at least one truth this Church has to offer, more importantly the Eucharist, they would fly back home.

We need to pray constantly for this Finnish Lutheran bishop and the church he leads. I’m sure that he is having struggles beyond our imagination (from within and without)in what he has declared. Let’s pray that Christ grant him and his flock the strength and vision to push through.

in XT.
A.

This Lutheran bishop would be a good one to let Marcus Grodi from " the Journey Home" know about, or even “Catholic Answers”. That would be so cool if he came for an interview on these great shows. I think he would be very effective in bringing many protestants in that country home! :thumbsup:

Hello to all!

I had to come out of lurk mode to to clarify something about Bishop Eero. I’m a Finn, so…

I’m sorry to disappoint you, but Bp Eero is not joining the Catholic Church. He is merely expressing his wish that the Finnish Lutheran Church may, someday, become one with the Catholic Church - by this he does not even mean joining the Catholic Church, exactly, but sort of mutual recognition of validity by both churches.

I’ll go back to lurk mode, now. I will let you know if any of the Finnish Lutheran bishops announces his wish to cross the Tiber :slight_smile:

[quote=Glac]Hello to all!

I had to come out of lurk mode to to clarify something about Bishop Eero. I’m a Finn, so…

I’m sorry to disappoint you, but Bp Eero is not joining the Catholic Church. He is merely expressing his wish that the Finnish Lutheran Church may, someday, become one with the Catholic Church - by this he does not even mean joining the Catholic Church, exactly, but sort of mutual recognition of validity by both churches.

I’ll go back to lurk mode, now. I will let you know if any of the Finnish Lutheran bishops announces his wish to cross the Tiber :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification, Glac. We will still pray that he will come to full communion with the Catholic Church!!! And, hey come out of thlurk mode more often, buddy! :bounce:

Take care,

Jorge

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.