Fireball Lights Night Sky over 5 Midwest States

content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2010/04/fireball-lights-night-sky-over-5-midwest-states/1

Residents across five Midwestern states are buzzing about the roaring fireball that lit up the sky last night. Space aces say it was most likely a meteor but could have been rocket debris or a chunk from an asteroid that whizzed between Earth and the moon this week.

The spectacle was reported in Missouri, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois and Indiana just after 10 p.m. CT.

The link has a video taken by a police cruiser-cam that is amazing.

Great, more **** to further convince the alarmists that the end is nigh.

So THAT"S what the evangelical baptists website I found was talking about in their article abotu God’s warning to homosexuals.

Let the End Times games begin... :slapfight: :popcorn:

:D

“”“Residents across five Midwestern states are buzzing about the roaring fireball that lit up the sky last night. Space aces say it was most likely a meteor but could have been rocket debris or a chunk from an asteroid that whizzed between Earth and the moon this week.”""""

For it to burn like that, it had to be ALOT closer than just 'between Earth and the moon ', it had to be in our atmosphere, probably closer than 100 miles from the ground.
Objects don’t burn like that in space, it’s a vacuum (almost).

There is a news story that at least part of it has been found in southwest Wisconsin.

A peanut-sized piece of the meteor that streaked across Wisconsin skies Wednesday night has been discovered near Livingston in the southwest corner of the state, according to UW-Madison scientists.

The existence of the meteorite - what a piece of a meteor is called after it hits the ground - is surrounded by a bit of mystery. The man who brought it to scientists at UW-Madison does not want to be identified, and the exact details of its discovery are sketchy. He did not identify himself even to university researchers.

But John Valley, a noted geochemist with the UW-Madison’s Department of Geoscience, said Friday that he saw the fragment and identified it as a recently landed meteorite.

host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/environment/article_d1877c36-4997-11df-a968-001cc4c03286.html

The man said it hit his roof! :eek:

Meteorite hunters are flocking to the area to look for other pieces of it.

It’s Obama’s fault. This was brought on by Obamacare. :smiley:

"Armageddon? ‘Ball of light’ streaks across sky
Scientists say meteor rumbled across 5 states

…One WND reader juxtaposed the comments from Obama with the newest headline:

“I looked around to see if there are any asteroids falling or some cracks opening up in the Earth…” and “Soaring meteor lights up skies.”

The AP reported the National Weather Service said the meteor hit somewhere in southwestern Wisconsin.

Authorities also told AP there were reports of “explosions or rumbling.”

…WND had reported when Obama was addressing a crowd in Portland, Maine, shortly after signing into law his massive health-care reform plan.

“There has been plenty of fear-mongering and overheated rhetoric,” he said at the time. "And if you turn on the news, you’ll see that those same folks are still shouting about how the world will end because we passed this bill.

“This is not an exaggeration,” Obama said.

“Leaders of the Republican Party have actually been calling the passage of this bill ‘Armageddon.’ They say it’s the end of freedom as we know it,” he continued.

“So after I signed the bill, I looked up to see if there were any asteroids headed our way. I checked to see if any cracks had opened up in the ground. But you know what? It turned out to be a pretty nice day,” Obama said. "…

Entire article here: wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=141369

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.