Fired executive finds happieness at starbucks

A man talks about losing his wife, mansion, and six figure salary job, only to find true happieness working part time at starbucks.

Funny how things work out like that.

cnn.com/2009/LIVING/worklife/02/05/starbucks.saved.my.life/

At 63 years of age, his part-time job at Starbucks sounds similar to the part-time jobs that many retirees take to pass the time.

Being born into wealth and privilege, and having worked as an executive at a high-flying ad agency for several decades, I would imagine he has quite a bit of cash stashed away in his investment portfolio. He probably isn’t depending on Starbucks for his rent and food.

Hope he’s not working at one that is designated to close.:wink:

Heh heh, good point :rolleyes:

He’s probably depending mostly on book sales now. ("How Starbucks Saved My Life.’) Of course, after losing his hi-flyer job, he did make some stupid mistakes. Like having an affair with a woman he met at the gym, where he went to pass the time, and getting her pregnant, and being kicked out of the house by his wife.

He needed the job. Probably doesn’t now.

A yob pouring Starbucks coffee? That’s like discovering your life’s calling is to be a musician on the* Titanic*.

Still, in the next several years, one may be happy to have any sort of job. In his case, Starbucks at least covered his health insurance for his family, which he had lost.

I’ve got to say I admire the idea, in general, at least.

After his wife kicked him out, he had to find something! But all the other Starbucks workers do not have the benefit of book sales.

Probably tried to reduce alimony payments.

Alimony? His wife kicked him out after he impregnated another woman.

I wish he had a higher earning job so he could pay more child support.

This is really dated. I read his book last September.

I bought his book in September – after it came out in paperback, of course.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.