First Communion Banners (wheat)

Hello.

Where can I buy real wheat chaffs for a First Communion banner?
Thanks!

[quote="Joan65, post:1, topic:317209"]
Hello.

Thanks!

[/quote]

I'd first try a Google search. Then I would try to ask at a local farmer's market or perhaps at a craft store. Someone there might know where to look.

Do you actually mean chaffs? I thought they were the dusty unusable bits that were left, as in 'sorting the wheat from the chaff'.

I would think you might have more success searching for 'ears' of wheat, or even 'heads'.

Perhaps I am wrong. I have seen the word chaffs used before, but perhaps others are wrong.

What I mean is whatever is on the top of the "stick" portion.

Thanks!

It is entirely possible you might not find any and just decide to forgo banners altogether. :)

That would be my preference if I were to have a say in the mater.

Hello.

I do know they exist and people put them on banners. I have seen them. I just don't know those people to ask.

I don't know where they are sold. I have tried to google and was not successful. Hence, I posted here.

I need to make a banner. No choice.

Thanks.

You mean “sheaves” of wheat. Unless you mean to use the image of separating the wheat from the chaff to tell the kids that they must not receive Our Lord unworthily.

You should be able to purchase those at a craft store. But I would go to a florist shop and ask them because they have all manner of sources for the decorative additions to their displays.

Thanks! Craft stores in floral dept have them.

[quote="Joan65, post:1, topic:317209"]
Hello.

Thanks!

[/quote]

save-on-crafts.com

Just don’t go out into the field picking the heads off of the wheat on the Sabbath! That really ticks the Pharisees and the teachers of the law off!

Hi Joan65,
I'm a first communion teacher. The product is called wheat stalks.

I have seen these at Michael's, check out www.michaels.com for locations. You could also order it through a florist or online.

The banner is a nice tradition. It's a great memory for your child to construct it together as a family, and hang them up in the parents home as a keepsake.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.