First Communion gift ideas

My Godson will be receiving his First Communion in May, and I need some ideas for a special gift to give him. The girls are so much easier because when they're born, I start a charm bracelet for them so, of course, they get a charm :D He has a Rosary that I gave him when he was born.

HELP!!!!

How about a small prayer book of some sort? I would aim for something geared towards kids a little older than his current age. That way it will last longer and give him something spiritual that he can grow into.

Does he have a saint’s name for first or middle? I saw a book in my local Christian bookstore that was titled something like “My Saint” and it had different books for different saints. I thought that might be a good gift for my godson in a couple years.

[quote="k8e308, post:3, topic:233578"]
Does he have a saint's name for first or middle? I saw a book in my local Christian bookstore that was titled something like "My Saint" and it had different books for different saints. I thought that might be a good gift for my godson in a couple years.

[/quote]

That's a great one. Actually both his first and middle names are saint names -- although his first name is from his grandfather (my father). The middle one was picked for a saint specifically.

I'll have to check out what I can find.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.