First Communion

This is a stupid question I know but I was just wondering.

Is an adult First Communion (RCIA) just as important as a child’s?

Sure!

Absoluetly, in some ways I would say you might even be better equipped to comprehend the fantasticness of what you are about to undertake!

:blessyou:

[quote=Paris Blues]Is an adult First Communion (RCIA) just as important as a child’s?
[/quote]

I was raised in the Episcopal church, which is rather Catholic-like in many regards. I don’t even remember my “first Communion” as an Episcopal child. But I DISTINCTLY remember my first Communion as a Catholic, and the tears that I could not hold back, and my awe and wonder at the magnificent Gift that Jesus had given me (me!) by calling me to His Church!

Even as I type (14 years later) the tears stream down my face at the memory of this wondrous day. And I’m a crusty 40-year old computer programmer who doesn’t get emotional very easily!

oh boy, just you wait until Easter, it will blow you away, you bet it’s important. but like your wedding night, descriptions are inadequate, you have to wait until you are ready, and experience it.

I am so excited for you! :thumbsup:

[quote=puzzleannie]oh boy, just you wait until Easter, it will blow you away, you bet it’s important. but like your wedding night, descriptions are inadequate, you have to wait until you are ready, and experience it.
[/quote]

Errr…you think I’m getting confirmed in Easter? Please don’t tell me you missed seeing my signature!:wink:

YOU ARE BLESSED! Welcome Home!

(jumping up and down, waving arms like a madman)

PARIS, IT’S SOOO IMPORTANT!! Can’t even begin to describe it!

Spend lots of time in adoration.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.