First Confession question

I am in my late 30’s and was baptized 5 years ago in the Methodist faith. I will be confirmed in the Catholic faith next Sunday (I AM SO HAPPY!!!) and my question is do I confess everything I did before I was baptized or just all since baptism? I hope someone can help, my first confession is this coming week.
Thanks so much!

All sins committed before baptism were forgiven by baptism, so there is no need to mention them in confession.

Welcome to the Catholic Church!

[quote=urbana]All sins committed before baptism were forgiven by baptism, so there is no need to mention them in confession.

Welcome to the Catholic Church!
[/quote]

Correct – unless your baptism was in some way deviant - for example, if you were baptized in the name of the Creator, Redeemer and Sanctifier instead of the Fatherl, Son and Holy Spirit . . . Then you should be conditionally baptized in the Catholic Church, and then: no confession!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.