First Confession

Hi everyone,

I plan to make my first Confession tommorrow (:eek: :o) before being received into the Church at Easter. I’m a bit of a worrier, so even though I’ll be well-prepared, I’m still rather nervous. I would really appreciate any prayers for me or the others in our RCIA group who will be going to the same Sacrament shortly. Thanks!

I am proud of you and congratulations!!! You are midstream in the Tiber and crossing well! Be assured of my prayers.

Thanks! :smiley:

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Ave Maria gratia plena, dominus tecum, benedicta tu in mulieribus et benedictus fructus ventris tui Iesus. Santa Maria, mater dei, ora pro nobis, peccatoribus, nunc et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.

[SIGN]Bless You![/SIGN]

Praying for you that you make a true and sincere confession and that you receive an abundance of grace from it. Welcome to the Church!!

Jesus please allow Ben to feel Your loving presence as he prepares and goes to Confession. Please surround him with Your light and love.

Peace Ben, this is such a great gift and Sacrament. Will pray for all to go well and for you to be filled with the Holy Spirit and a joyous experience…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Thanks for your prayers everyone! Its probably been the hardest thing I’ve done, but God helped me to still get through it. :slight_smile:

Merciful Lord, Your grace has gently guided BenM through the Sacrament of reconciliation. We thank you and we praise Your Holy Name for Your infinite goodness! May the peace that reconciliation provides reassure Ben of Your mercy and grace. Strengthen Ben to turn to this Sacrament on a routine basis, so as to stand more closely to the level of spiritual purity that You seek for him. We ask that his reception into the one true Church will be a most blessed moment of his life, and will be his help to remain on the narrow path that leads to Your Kingdom. We ask this through Christ Jesus, Your only Son, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God for ever and ever. Amen! Alleluia!

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hi Ben, believe it our not, it gets easier and in fact, may be something you actually look forward to… God Bless…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.