First day back

Today was my first Mass after deciding to return to the Catholic church and like me say WOW. I wanted to share my story back to the church.

I was raised in the Catholic faith. I was in church before I could even speak, as a child I only watched movies about the Saints and I knew every word. I almost never missed a Sunday at church. I took my first communion in the church and I was very faithful until I became a teenager.

After much back and forth I left the church at 15 and headed down a dark path. I was very depressed and suicidal at the time. I was very sad and depressed and even took to harming myself.

At 18 I married a wonderful man. He was the man of my dreams. I married him one day in a small civil ceremony in a park. It was just the two of us, two friends and a Pastor we had met 5 minutes before getting married. I loved my husband very much and loved my life with him but there was something missing and I knew it.

At 19 I returned to church but instead of going to Mass I started going to an Assembly of God church. Now don’t get me wrong, they were wonderful people and true believers in our Lord but there was always something missing to me.

At 20 (my age now) I was attending a Non-denominational christian church, loving God but still feeling like there was something missing. My Godmother invited me to the Christmas Eve mass at her Parish. Now one thing I must say about my Godmother, not matter what she has always been there for me. When I turned my back on the church, she still stood by me, always influencing but never pushing. That night at the Mass I felt something I had not felt in a long time. I felt like I was home. Of course I did not take communion but just being there felt amazing.

I headed home that night my head filled with thoughts and wonders but I forgot that feeling and brushed it off. That was until I saw one of those Come Home Catholics, commercials. I went to the website and I realized what I was missing. I started by simply praying the Rosary everyday then after a week of that I made an appointment to see the Priest at my Godmothers church.

Today was my first day back in back. It was like taking a long drink of water after being thirsty for a long long time. I was still unable to take communion since my Husband and I have no gone though Convalidation yet but it was still amazing, I also have an appointment next week to discuss when I start my confirmation classes.

Coming back to the church was a wonderful thing. I am so happy to be back, every moment I feel like dancing with joy. I know I am home

God bless you and welcome back. Always remember your Godmothers’ guidance and try to emulate it in the future. Be careful that the enemy does not steal away your happiness. Pray the Rosary daily and you will do just fine. Dance with joy in the Lord always and may peace be with you.:thumbsup:

:extrahappy:

Congratulations and welcome back! You are doing all the right things!

Is your DH Catholic, too?

No he was raised the the Assemblies of God church, but he supports me no matter what :slight_smile:

I am so happy for you. I am glad you have made your way home and look forward to joining you in that experience. So much happiness and beauty to be had in the Eucharist. Welcome home :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing your story.

Welcome home!

Welcome home, we absolutely love these stories, and your Godmother is one who truly understands her role and is an example to all.

Welcome home!! Praise the Lord!!

Don’t miss any Sunday Mass even you cannot receive the Eucharist yet. God bless!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.