First Eucharistic Adoration... Wow!

I don’t know if this sounds crazy or not but I just wanted to share. So after a very long time of wanting to go to Eucharistic Adoration, I finally had the opportunity tonight. I’m traveling for work and 1/2 way across the country in a town where I found a RCC with a Perpetual Adoration Chapel. My parish does not have this and no church near me in my diocese has it that I know of.

I prayed before entering the chapel that the Lord would change me and that I did not want to be the same person when I left and surrendered myself to Him. I walked in and it was beautiful and so calm. As I knelt and began to pray I was instantly and completely overwhelmed with a rush of this profound “feeling”. It was almost scary at first and I’m not sure how to describe it but it brought me to tears as soon as it hit me and I had barely started praying. I just knelt there and prayed for nearly an hour in adoration, thanksgiving and love for our Lord. I brought my rosary thinking that I would “need” to pray it during the hour. But the time flew by very quickly and I didn’t want it to end.

I can only think it was the power of the Holy Spirit rushing into my heart and completely filling me with love. I felt sort of like a lost loved one that I hadn’t seen for a very long time had embraced me tightly and with unconditional love. Afterwards, it was like I floated the whole way back to my hotel. The song “You are Mine” by David Haas was going thru my head as I walked along “…come and follow me and I will bring you home”.

This was a special evening for me. I will not forget it. If there is anyone out there who is thinking about going and has the opportunity, don’t wait! Go!

May His peace and love be with all of you!

Glad to hear you had such a great experience. I have had some amazing visits to the perpetual adoration chapel near me. I was signed up for a holy hour a week and highly recommend doing so if possible… but unfortunately, my schedule got busy when school started back, and I neglected this wonderful gift. I am looking forward to filling another hour soon.

It’s no coincidence that frequent Adoration is common among the Saints. It really works wonders towards sanctification.

P.S. I see you are a recent convert. Welcome home. :slight_smile:

Yes, I would say that you experienced a manifestation of the Holy Spirit. But, I see that you did notice that this occurred only after you surrendered your will to God’s just prior to entering the chapel. This type of manifestation may happen frequently, rarely, or never again, as the Lord knows what you need, when you need it and the disposition of your heart toward receiving His graces. As Fr. Benedict Groeschel says, “When you are aware that He is there, you will be changed.”

So very happy that your powerful desire presaged your recipient sensible grace of Our Eucharistic Lord.Visiting Eucharistic Jesus and receiving some palpable experiance of grace is wonderful but not necessary to make the visitation fruitful or worthwhile.But you knew this ,you were blessed because you thirsted and he quenched your desire.God bless you. . When I was a young boy I was occasionally spoken to by Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament.My first eucharistic experience was when at my First Holy Communion I was cured of a skin disease.Later when my first year out of high school I would attend evening mass arriving 30 minutes before for prayer and would remain till the priest locked up at 10 pm or later when I would exit through the side door. . One late evening I had just finished a rosary and knelt back in the pew to reflect when all of sudden I felt Jesus leave the tabernacle and like a flaming sword pierce my soul .He entered what I felt was the core of my existence my utmost center of identity but He paused because I was so taken aback.He said 'Ratsaj -not my real name by the way-- ‘let me enter you and take possession of you’.I was so stunned I said 'Oh my Jesus what are you doing I am being destroyed please forgive me my sins!'He replied 'You belong to me!Let me love you!'I relented and I felt him go straight into my core identity and take up residence in me.He was alive in me.But all the while I was in exquisite pain as this discernable sword thrust so deep into the deepest depths of my existence and which conflagrated my soul.
I asked him’Lord ,do you want me to be a priest?‘He replied ,‘Just let me possess you,Ratsaj’.After awhile he said’ I want you to go to the rectory and ask the priest if he has the book ‘The Imitation of Christ’.I was reluctant to do so since I was so shy and lacking self esteem at that time.I said 'O Lord, please do I have to ?He does not think much of me but Jesus repeated his request.I went in not hurriedly to the rectory and knocked on the door and made my request to the priest.He replied he had no copy and seemed not at ease with me in his presence.I did not want to seem stupid but I felt so awkward that I just went and left after this exchange so I bid him farewell.
Now all this time Jesus was still deep residing in me burning and filling me with a certain delicious agony.As I defatted the rectory I said to Him 'You see Lord, I told you he would not be open to me '.Jesus replied ,'Ratsaj ,I am pleased with you because you obeyed me!'He stayed with me throughout the night till I went to bed late that night .The whole time the earth seemed alive to me in different way I had not known.

[quote="Convert2013, post:1, topic:328865"]
I don't know if this sounds crazy or not but I just wanted to share. So after a very long time of wanting to go to Eucharistic Adoration, I finally had the opportunity tonight. I'm traveling for work and 1/2 way across the country in a town where I found a RCC with a Perpetual Adoration Chapel. My parish does not have this and no church near me in my diocese has it that I know of.

I prayed before entering the chapel that the Lord would change me and that I did not want to be the same person when I left and surrendered myself to Him. I walked in and it was beautiful and so calm. As I knelt and began to pray I was instantly and completely overwhelmed with a rush of this profound "feeling". It was almost scary at first and I'm not sure how to describe it but it brought me to tears as soon as it hit me and I had barely started praying. I just knelt there and prayed for nearly an hour in adoration, thanksgiving and love for our Lord. I brought my rosary thinking that I would "need" to pray it during the hour. But the time flew by very quickly and I didn't want it to end.

I can only think it was the power of the Holy Spirit rushing into my heart and completely filling me with love. I felt sort of like a lost loved one that I hadn't seen for a very long time had embraced me tightly and with unconditional love. Afterwards, it was like I floated the whole way back to my hotel. The song "You are Mine" by David Haas was going thru my head as I walked along "...come and follow me and I will bring you home".

This was a special evening for me. I will not forget it. If there is anyone out there who is thinking about going and has the opportunity, don't wait! Go!

[/quote]

Awesome! Not crazy at all. :)

I had an experience like that (right in my own living room, not at an adoration), in which God was calling me back to the Church. It was one of the greatest days of my life, right up there with my wedding day and the births of my children.

I've not yet been to and adoration, but I want to one of these days. How awesome for you to have such an experience! It only motivates me more. :)

[quote="Convert2013, post:1, topic:328865"]
I don't know if this sounds crazy or not but I just wanted to share. So after a very long time of wanting to go to Eucharistic Adoration, I finally had the opportunity tonight. I'm traveling for work and 1/2 way across the country in a town where I found a RCC with a Perpetual Adoration Chapel. My parish does not have this and no church near me in my diocese has it that I know of.

I prayed before entering the chapel that the Lord would change me and that I did not want to be the same person when I left and surrendered myself to Him. I walked in and it was beautiful and so calm. As I knelt and began to pray I was instantly and completely overwhelmed with a rush of this profound "feeling". It was almost scary at first and I'm not sure how to describe it but it brought me to tears as soon as it hit me and I had barely started praying. I just knelt there and prayed for nearly an hour in adoration, thanksgiving and love for our Lord. I brought my rosary thinking that I would "need" to pray it during the hour. But the time flew by very quickly and I didn't want it to end.

I can only think it was the power of the Holy Spirit rushing into my heart and completely filling me with love. I felt sort of like a lost loved one that I hadn't seen for a very long time had embraced me tightly and with unconditional love. Afterwards, it was like I floated the whole way back to my hotel. The song "You are Mine" by David Haas was going thru my head as I walked along "...come and follow me and I will bring you home".

This was a special evening for me. I will not forget it. If there is anyone out there who is thinking about going and has the opportunity, don't wait! Go!

[/quote]

*It's amazing to hear of what Our EUCHARISTIC KING can do to hearts that visit HIM. That's wonderful! Keep going! *

Amazing! Thanks for sharing.

I love Adoration, it is my favourite devotion.

This is not crazy at all. I am so happy HE blessed you in this way. Thanks you Lord Jesus!

Being in the presence of the Eucharist during adoration is the safest place in the world. The enemy cannot follow you into that place. And what you experienced was genuine, you were confirmed in your total commitment to the Lord Jesus.

I was in Lisbon a couple of months ago and saw the Host in Santarem. This Host had bled and has been tested in the modern day. The priest told us it was discovered to be a piece of muscle from the right atrium of a human heart, blood tested AB, no DNA. NO DNA. I stood right in front of it. I was struck dumb, literally. I can still "see" it in my mind's eye.

In the Church I serve as Eucharistic Minister, there is Adoration from Noon on Sunday to Noon on Monday (ending with Mass) in the chapel. I was told by a Deacon with whom I am friends that, a few years ago, he and two other people saw the host "bleeding". I have heard other such reports from a church close to the county in which I live.

I'm almost certain there's a church somewhere near you that has Eucharistic Adoration. Some churches do it once a month and the dates are in the bulletin. Why don't you ask your pastor? This is obviously something you need to be doing.

No, not crazy at all. Beautiful Witness!!! I’ve heard others attempting to explain this feeling. They tend to say the same things. Like, at first they felt scared, a feeling of anxiety (*can’t breath), they have an overwhelming emotional experience (*wanting to cry), time seems to have been suspended, a peace washing over them/through them.

I’ve had a similar experience during the sacrament of Confession. I think God gives us this period of desiring to be with Him, a yearning to get to Him, but for some reason or another obstacles will prevent us. I think we need this time for reflection and contemplation. By doing this, we can begin to fully appreciate/comprehend what a precious give He has given us.

Last week, during the Feast of Corpus Christi, I was honored to witness the first homily of a newly ordained priest from our parish. He spoke of the first time he encountered Christ in the Eucharist. It brought tears to my eyes. Talk about a conversion experience… when we realize that really IS Our Lord, there in the sacrament. There is no way to explain or convince unbelievers, or to fully comprehend it ourselves even. It is a gift of faith. Our faith is increased by these spiritual encounters, as well, our witness draws others to desire Him too. The faithful who believe but have not yet had this experienced will be confirmed in their faith by our witness.

For me, I desire to receive the Holy Eucharist again, after many years. I must wait. It has been a long road home. My husband and I must prepare the way, make the crooked roads straight so to speak, for the coming of The Lord. When that day comes, I pray I will be able to fully appreciate this gift and am encouraged by your witness. Thank you

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! :smiley:

Earlier this year, I discovered the joy of Eucharistic adoration. Words cannot adequately describe the ‘feeling’ one has in front of the Blessed Sacrament.

Thank you for sharing! The Holy Spirit comes to us in such a joyful way! Do not waste this experience; share the word, as you have done here!
God Bless!

Christina

Try submitting to the baptism in the Holy Spirit beforehand. Breathtaking! Miraculous. Sublime.

I’m glad that I could share this and that you are encouraged along with anyone else who read it. I failed to mention at one point I broke out in a slight cold sweat. I know that sounds disgusting! :slight_smile: The energy was amazing. I will say a prayer for you on your journey!

I did find a parish close by that does adoration on Tuesdays from 8am - 10pm so I will definitely be spending some time there on Tuesdays and its close to where I work so I can go over lunch break.

Has anybody else experienced this? I went to Adoration this morning and got cold sweats as well. I hadn't brought a book from which to read prayers, and as a result felt rather uncomfortable towards the end. Generally I like to read the Holy Face devotion but this Church was so amazing and traditional that I did not feel it would have been appropriate to read them from my smartphone, I was wondering if maybe this was a symptom of the Lord expelling evil from me for being in His presence. Not that the OP has evil to be expelled, I just know that for myself as a revert from atheism after 30 years I got some stuff, lets just say and leave at that...

[quote="Wretched_One, post:15, topic:328865"]
Has anybody else experienced this? I went to Adoration this morning and got cold sweats as well. I hadn't brought a book from which to read prayers, and as a result felt rather uncomfortable towards the end. Generally I like to read the Holy Face devotion but this Church was so amazing and traditional that I did not feel it would have been appropriate to read them from my smartphone, I was wondering if maybe this was a symptom of the Lord expelling evil from me for being in His presence. Not that the OP has evil to be expelled, I just know that for myself as a revert from atheism after 30 years I got some stuff, lets just say and leave at that...

[/quote]

i think that when we are in his presence there is an effect. We might not be conscious of it, but it is happening. Perhaps you were just tuned in and your body reacted to it. It has happened to me a few times. God is working on you :thumbsup: Well done for reverting. That can be a very difficult thing.

I have never tried it so I am not sure on what to do or what to expect.

I have an hour at 11pm On Thursdays (tonight!) every week and I’m blessed to have it as many times I’m by myself with only Christ. I’ve found there is a very special bond between those of us that are dedicated adorers as well.

Often I’m moved to tears in His presence we are so fortunate to be Catholic.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.