First Family to Vacation in Maine

“I’m not going to rest or be satisfied until the leak is stopped at the source, the oil in the Gulf is contained and cleaned up, and the people in the Gulf are able to go back to their lives and their livelihoods.” -- President Obama

Well, at least no resting except for this third vacation since the BP hit the fan. The relevant link and first two paragraphs about the most absentee president in modern times.

thebostonchannel.com/politics/24207532/detail.html

WASHINGTON -- The first family's summer vacation plans will include a trip to Maine.

The White House says the Obamas will travel next Friday to Mount Desert Island, which is home to Acadia National Park. There will be no public events for the president during the three-day trip.

-- Mark L. Chance.

I am glad he takes the vacations he does.

Screwing up the country is hard work and he needs a break once in a while.

Besides, how much worse would things be if the man actually worked the full time job the presidency is?

Stephen King might have to rewrite his horror novel “It”.

I feel the same way about these stories as I did about all the complaints about Bush taking more vacation than any other president. It doesn't really matter where the president is, they work pretty much wherever they are and none of them really get any time off.

[quote="TMC, post:4, topic:205313"]
I feel the same way about these stories as I did about all the complaints about Bush taking more vacation than any other president. It doesn't really matter where the president is, they work pretty much wherever they are and none of them really get any time off.

[/quote]

I agree with you 100% You are right smack on! There is never a day off for The President, ever.

I agree. It is hypocritical of us to blast Obama for the very same things we defended Bush against. Interestingly though, Moore and the other flamethrowers are strangely silent…

[quote="Suudy, post:6, topic:205313"]
I agree. It is hypocritical of us to blast Obama for the very same things we defended Bush against. Interestingly though, Moore and the other flamethrowers are strangely silent....

[/quote]

And therein lies the real hypocrisy. If President Bush had taken his third vacation in three months during a comparable event, there'd be no end to the condemnation and frothing at the mouth from the Left.

Of course, since President Obama and the Democratic Party are still campaigning against President Bush, I guess one shouldn't expect much.

Meanwhile, tit for tat.

-- Mark L. Chance.

[quote="Kuan_Yin, post:5, topic:205313"]
I agree with you 100% You are right smack on! There is never a day off for The President, ever.

[/quote]

On that we can agree.

If he were smart, he'd vacation in the Gulf area and help his image that way.

As a non-American, I read that title thinking ‘what… has no-one ever vacationed in Maine before?’ :o

Maybe my work ethic is a little different from the raising I got, I'm sure his job can be stressful sometimes.

But good grief, his job is 4 years how many vacations does a person need? Honestly, if it were my father or some of the old school guys I work with in the White House you'd have to force them to take a vacation.

Nobody took more vacations that Bill and Hillary Clinton.

As for The Teleprompter Reader, I hope he stays away from Washington and on vacation for the rest of his term.

[quote="JW10631, post:12, topic:205313"]
Nobody took more vacations that Bill and Hillary Clinton.

As for The Teleprompter Reader, I hope he stays away from Washington and on vacation for the rest of his term.

[/quote]

If only:D

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.