First Graders taken on field trip to "Gay" Marriage

lifesitenews.com/ldn/2008/oct/08101405.html

When I first read this I had to rub my eyes twice. Was I really seeing this. I can’t understand how parents would even sign a permission form allowing this to happen, but maybe they didn’t know. This truly boggles my mind and if it were my child, I would have kept them home from school that day. :eek: :banghead:

The gay movement has already brainwashed the education system. It’s only a matter of time before they start educating children on gay rights and such.

Pray, hope, and don’t worry!

Pray and hope is what I do best…but don’t worry…no, that just spurs me into actively speaking out. But unfortunately, many parents don’t actually parent…at least from what I can tell and that’s what bothers me the most. so they allow the culture to decide for them.

Just don’t worry, worry is useless. Trust in God. His Justice will triumph over every injustice and His Love will conquer every evil.

We may be persecuted by various movements in the future, but that only means we’ll get to share in the Cross of Jesus, and we should glory in the Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. “Blessed are they who are persecuted for righteousness, for theirs is the Kingdom of God.”

If you fear for the souls of many, pray the Divine Mercy Novena. :slight_smile:

That’s insane. Like it said in the article, they probably wouldn’t take kids on a trip to a real wedding.

Francis Beckwith over at the blog What’s Wrong with the World (great blog by the way) was talking about the big deal people are making over Joe the Plumber’s lack of a license (which, as best I can tell, he doesn’t need for resisdential work btw) and hits it out of the park with this quote:

How ironic that we live in an age in which the state has definitive knowledge on what constitutes a plumber but is skeptical about what constitutes a marriage, despite the plumbing.

I know unbelievable. Why do that. Who takes a classroom of kids to a wedding. It is utterly horrendous, really. would you want your child surrounded by gays. why do gays insist on convincing everyone that gay sex is normal. how is it normal. for who is it normal. they think it is normal for themselves so we all should give it a try. it is not normal. it is a perversion. i heard of a man who really, really, really loved his dog. after treatment he stopped loving his dog. but he really, really, really believed he loved his dog and his dog loved him. the dog was taken in to care by rspca and trated with prosac. it then was adopted by a real family. what is the difference really.

People may have the right to be wrong in the US due to seperation of church and state but:

1. They do not have a right to impose beliefs on the children of others

2. They do not have a right to impose their beliefs on others

3. School is for studying.

God bless, :eek: :hypno: :doh2: :frighten:

Interesting…
Here’s the same story from a different angle.
And who said there’s no such thing as spin?
sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/10/11/MNFG13F1VG.DTL

Personally, if it were my child involved, I’d call the ACLU and sue them.

The children who went had permission from their parents to go.

School, it isn’t just about learning, it’s also where you interact with people of varying differences on a daily basis. Some of what we learn in school is how to get along with different people. In the case of sexual orientation, for people who struggle with it and are not Catholic or Christian (so are not bound by Christian morality), it’s not just about sex, but about love (and I will repeat this again and again) between two consenting adults (not more than two, not between adults and children, etc, etc, etc, etc). In the eyes of the parents and teachers involved, the kids are going to have to learn how to live with these people and that they do exist. Also, a public school is not Catholic and not bound by Catholicism. As for imposing beliefs, if parents objected, they did not have to send their children. They could refuse to sign the slip and if the child complained that “everyone else is going”, the parent could just say, “too bad”. No harm, no foul.

As for “school is for studying”, if you think studying can do without learning about people, without real world connections and experiences, and without learning how to work with people, regardless of differences, that is hopelessly naive and bad education, regardless of whether or not it worked in the past.

It is not only Christians who can reason morally. The moral law binds us all, not just Catholics.

Regardless, if it’s a sexual matter, unless it’s done without consent (includes minors), I don’t think the government has business regulating that. I don’t think a SECULAR government can tell two consenting adults who they can commit their lives to. And I don’t think we should legislate our own morality. It prostitutes religion to corrupt it with politics.

And I’m pretty sure that non-Christians were at least less culpable for sins if they aren’t adherents to the Christian faith.

We do more through example than we could ever do through words or legislation. Remember that.

I sort of agree in a way, but I do not think a gay partnership should be called marriage. But the point of the thread is not whether those unions should be established, it’s whether a group of six year olds should be brought to celebrate one.

Plus, it was their own teacher who was getting married. It wasn’t a trip to see a gay wedding but a trip to see their teacher get married.

Best,
Leela

Sexual matters are regulated right now and should be. Consent does not equal moral or good for society.

I don’t think a SECULAR government can tell two consenting adults who they can commit their lives to.

Really? So two brothers should be able to marry each other?

And I don’t think we should legislate our own morality. It prostitutes religion to corrupt it with politics.

I am sorry but this is nonsense. Morality is objective. Why do we have laws against robbery?

And I’m pretty sure that non-Christians were at least less culpable for sins if they aren’t adherents to the Christian faith.

We are talking about reason and the natural moral law. All people can reason this.

We do more through example than we could ever do through words or legislation. Remember that.

No, if that were true we would need no laws at all. The law is a teacher, remember that.

I think if the teacher wanted to be more appropriate whether gay or straight she should have then held the wedding on a weekend or outside of school hours and invited the students with their parents. This teacher obviously wanted to make headlines by making it a field trip. She had other options. These kids had their education and their morality used publicly as a pawn and I object more to that choice than her sexual choices because in that she had the potential to injure others. Whether or not she did is up for debate and probably dependent on the relationship they have with their parents.

God bless,

But do you think, even with parental permission, that the school would’ve authorized a field trip if it was for an actual marriage, and not a homosexual pretend “marriage?” IE: do you think the school would’ve okayed, with permission slips, going to the local Catholic parish for an actual wedding?

See what you mean, but it’s not marriage.

And like LRThunder said, would they have gone to a Catholic wedding as a field trip?

I think the article said it was a surprise for her that her students showed up. The partner knew though. I think that’s what it said.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.