First Holiday Alone

Please pray for me. I am feeling so alone today. My aunt died about a month ago and she’s the only family I’ve known for quite a while. I loved her dearly. And I didn’t realize how lonely I would feel today, even though I know she’s here with me. Thank you for any prayers you can offer.

Keeping you in my prayers, dear one.

Praying this coming year you make some new relationships to comfort your heart.

God bless you!

I’m praying for you today. May God bless you and hold you close to Him.

I am praying for you right now and asking God to give you extra comfort today. Happy Thanksgiving.

So sorry for your loss. God bless you today and always…

Praying for you! There are a lot of us who are going to be alone this holiday, so maybe if you log on to CAF we can all be alone together! :slight_smile:

I pray that the Lord will bring you comfort and healing. I came on today to post something very similar, so I have some idea of what you’re going through. I can’t offer you company over turkey today, and I can’t listen to you while you talk and share your life, but I assure you that I have just prayed very hard for you and will continue to do so. You’re part of a very warm and loving family in Christ. I look forward to the day when we’re all together eternally: you, me, whoever reads this, and whoever suffers in silence. Maybe spend some time at church; mine has several activities in the bulletin for reaching out to others.

Remember, you are not alone. God is always with you. Praying for your intentions. Wishing you a Blessed, Happy, Healthy & safe Thanksgiving Day.

[INDENT][INDENT]
Prayer for Those Living Alone

Heavenly Father, my true Provider, in all my daily needs, protect and guide me. Spare me from fire and flood, from thieves, fear and evil in any form. If sickness or accident befall me, send a messenger of love to attend me. When I am feeling low, lift up my heart. I live alone dear Lord, yet because I know your presence is ever near, I will have no fear. Amen.

:grouphug:

[/INDENT][/INDENT]

I’m so sorry you’re feeling low, I know what it’s like to miss a loved one on a holiday. You had happy times together and in time, you’ll remember those times and smile. God bless you and comfort you, and all those who are grieving someone they loved.

Hi Pray_for_Change,

Welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

I am very sorry for the loss of your beloved Aunt.

Prayers said for you, during this sad and difficult time for you.

May God bless you.

Praying for you.

Take comfort in Matthew 28:20b, knowing you are not alone, but that Christ is with you:

" And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.”

Remembering you in my daily prayers, and praying as well for the repose of your aunt’s soul. God bless.

:hug1:

Sorry for your loss, and I hope you will be able to connect, soon, if not with family, then with good friends.

**Grant unto us, Thy servants, O Lord Jesus Christ,
to be protected at all times
and in all places
by the patronage of Blessed Mary,
Thy Virgin Mother.

Amen.**

Sorry to hear about that, with Jesus in your heart you will never truly be alone. :hug1:

From the bottom of my heart, thank you to each of you for all of the prayers. They truly did help. I had contacted my local soup kitchen a week ago and was told they had plenty of volunteers for Thanksgiving, but when I checked this morning, it turned out that a couple of people were sick and they could use some extra help. I was able to help cook and serve meals all day today and it was the greatest blessing I could have hoped for. It is difficult to return to my home because it feels like such a lonely place, but I felt needed and appreciated today and that is more than enough to sustain me.

Thank you to all of you. God bless you.

((Hugs)) to you.

I hope that you feel better as each day passes.

God bless you, dear one. Hang in there.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Prayer to Our Lady of Mental Peace

O Lady of Mental Peace,
Mother of Tranquility
and Mother of Hope,
look upon Evania in this time
of weakness and unrest.

Teach her searching heart
to know that God’s Love
for her is unchanging and
unchangeable, and, that
true human love can only
begin and grow by touching
His Love.

Let your gentle Peace -
which this world cannot give

• be always with her.
    And, help her to bring this
    same Peace into the lives
    of others.

Our Lady of Mental Peace,

• Pray for us!
    Amen.

Gracious and merciful Father, please come to their assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

**Blessed Apostle Peter,
to whom God has given the keys of the kingdom of Heaven,
and the power to bind and loose,
grant that we may be delivered through the help
of your intercession from the bonds of our sins.
O, Holy Shepherd,
Prince of the Apostles,
pray for us that we may be made worthy
of the promises of Christ.

Amen.**

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.