First line of the last book you read

What’s the first line of the last book you read? What book was it from?

For me it was,“Once upon a time, there was a little old lady who was not afriad of anything,” from The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything by Linda Williams, read to my son as he drifted off to dreamland.

Next?

Right now I’m smack-dab-in-the-middle of The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory. The first line is: I could hear a roll of muffled drums. (Spring, 1521). :cool:

Insomnia by Stephen King.

"No one - least of all Dr. Litchfield - came right out and told Ralph Roberts that his wife was going to die, but there came a time when Ralph understood without needing to be told."

"I haven't laid eyes on the island in several years."

From Shutter Island, by Dennis LeHane. A very creepy, yet well-written novel. I'm jealous of his dialogue skills.

[quote="Kimothy80, post:2, topic:194109"]
The first line is: I could hear a roll of muffled drums. (Spring, 1521). :cool:

[/quote]

Did you say I could eat a roll, or muffin -- yums! (Spring, 1521)??

VC

I read so many books and I tend to skip around (especially when reading non-fiction) that I can't remember the last book I FINISHED, so with forum's indulgence, I'll give you the first line of the book I'm CURRENTLY reading:

"If the tables were turned, and I was the fancy young woman walking into a truck stop with my Amish friend this morning, I'd be choosing the table set back against the wall."

The Telling by Beverly Lewis

[quote="Verbum_Caro, post:5, topic:194109"]
Did you say I could eat a roll, or muffin -- yums! (Spring, 1521)??

VC

[/quote]

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

I could **hear* a roll of muffled drums.*

hahahahaha......:p

Gravesend Bay, New York, August 22, 1776
He had sat out the raw misery of the storm through most of the night, keeping his boat tight against the shore.
Jeff Shaara, The Glorious Cause

"The life of man is a battle upon earth," said Job.

Rules for Discerning the Spirits in the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola
by Rev. Fr. Ludovic-Marie Barrielle, CP.CR.V.

How about of the book I'm starting to read...

'There was no possibility of taking a walk that day.' Jane Eyre :-)

I usually have several on the go, and can’t remember which was the last one I read as in finished.

The last one I read from was non-fiction, I’m afraid:

‘Among my own people, I was called Jehanette; since my coming into France I am called Jehanne.’

It’s from a book called ‘Joan of Arc: In her own words’. Simply transcripts of her evidence given at her trials, and records of what she said to other people at various times. Very interesting.

The book I'm currently reading is Harlequin by Bernard Cornwell.

"The treasure of Hookton was stolen on Easter morning 1342."

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.