First Saturday

I don’t think that I am able to attend the first saturday Mass so, can I make up for it on Sunday with the same intent as I would if I did make the first saturday requirement (in reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary) or do I have to start over?

Mary asked that they be consecutive, so it sounds like you have to start over.

Sounds quite silly…

Sounds like I will trust the words of Mary

I would be surprised if Mary were that petty

You can attend the next mass.

Holy Communion: Before receiving Holy Communion, it is likewise necessary to offer it in reparation to Our Lady. Our Lord told Lucia in 1930, “This Communion will be accepted on the following Sunday for just reasons, if my priests allow it so.” So if work or school, sickness, or another just reason prevents the Communion on a First Saturday, with this permission it may be received the following Sunday. If Communion is transferred, any or all of the other acts of the devotion may also be performed on Sunday if the person so desires

From
themostholyrosary.com/appendix2.htm

St francis, read the website you gave me, :innocent:

:o I never understood what they meant there. :rolleyes:

@ St Francis : I agree - the “if my priests allow it” isn’t all that clear - a little more detail at a site linked below.

Hi PopePiusXIISupp .

. . .a little more confirmation:

I’ve just finished going through a few Catholic sites now which concur that the Holy Communion part of the requirement can indeed be commuted to the next Sunday - but you need to have a priest grant this concession. It isn’t left up to our individual consciences.

Here’s a link to one of the sites to add to the one Roseeurekacross just posted First Saturday Devotion, Daily Catholic .org .

On both the 5 First Saturdays and the 9 First Fridays devotions , I had to begin several times again before I was able to make them consecutively. I think Jesus and Our Blessed Mother were trying to get me into the habit of attending Mass on each First Friday and First Saturday.
:wink:

I really have trouble trying to imagine the servants at the wedding feast at Cana calling our Blessed Mother* “petty*”-minded when she said to them , “Do whatever he tells you.”

Our Blessed Mother asked for 5 first Saturdays in order to make reparation for the “Five types of offenses and blasphemies committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary.”

Here are Our Blessed Lord’s words to Sister Lucy given May 29, 1930 :

My daughter, the reason is simple. There are five types of offenses and blasphemies committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary :

1. Blasphemies against the Immaculate Conception;
  2. Blasphemies against Her Virginity;
  1. Blasphemies against Her Divine Maternity, in refusing at the same time to recognize Her as the Mother of men;
  1. The blasphemies of those who publicly seek to sow in the hearts of children, indifference or scorn or even hatred of this Immaculate Mother;
  1. The offenses of those who outrage Her directly in Her holy images. Here, my daughter, is the reason why the Immaculate Heart of Mary inspired Me to ask for this little act of reparation . . (May 29,1930)

. . . anyone else hear Our Blessed Mother echo once again, "Do whatever He tells you ? . . .or would that also be too petty-minded ?

:shrug:

I had to work this very thing out yesterday. Because communion must be in a state of grace after confession. And the schedule at my church meant if I committed sin since my last confession, I best confess again, just to be sure I was good to go for mass. Which gave me a mass choice of vigil mass or sunday mass.

We dont have specific first Saturday mass. But very frustratingly, there are two rosary groups out competing each other on first Saturdays, in the church.

St Lucia, brought this very issue of people being able to attend communion and confession, on the Saturday, with Our Lady.
St Lucia got permission from Our Lady to have confession within 8 days of first Saturday, and communion on the Sunday, (within 24 hrs of the first Saturday). If communion is going to be longer, then permission is required. Mass is not a requirement, only communion. Or receiving Christ.

What was non negotiable was the intention of reparation. And of praying for our pope.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.