First Saturdays and First Fridays

Have any of you ever completed the Five First Saturdays for the Immaculate Heart of Mary or the First Nine Fridays for His Most Sacred Heart. I am extremely interested in completing both of these two devotions, but I want more information. I read a lot of articles, but I can’t find any from people that have actually completed them.

I would like to, but my parish doesn’t have a Mass time that works for me on First Friday & First Sat.

However, the parish I was baptized & confirmed in has an awesome First Friday / First Sat devotion.

Their website explains it like this:

*First Friday / First Saturday: Communion for Reparation Vigil

The Alliance of the Holy Family International is a movement that aims to sanctify the family by the committed love of Jesus and Mary. The family is sanctified by consecration to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary and by living the Eucharistic centered, Communion of Reparation with its elements of Rosary, Confession, Communion and holy hours.

Each month from October to June, the Church of the Holy Cross hosts a Communion for Reparation Vigil. It begins at 8:00pm with scriptural rosary and confessions, continues with a 9:00pm Mass in honor of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, followed with Holy Hours of Adoration and concludes with a 12 midnight Saturday Mass in honor of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. This simple, yet powerful event is a way of life that is Eucharistic-centered and Marian in spirituality.*

So it starts on First Friday with Rosary & Confessions at 8PM, then Sacred Heart of Jesus mass at 9PM, followed by Adoration and then Midnight Mass for the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

Awesome!

God Bless

Do I have to do it with the church or can I do it on my own? I can make it to Mass on Friday morning (they do a Daily Mass) and on Saturday for the Vigil. Will those work? Do you know? If you dont, that is fine! I did not even realize that some churches did special devotions for it.

You don’t need a special church event, just attending Mass and (for First Saturday) confession and doing the rest at home is sufficient.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.