First Woman to Lead Episcopal Church

To Whom It May Concern:
This link is to an article for anyone interested, offered here without comment on my part, for or against. A good read. :slight_smile:

news.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/National/ContentPosting.aspx?feedname=CBC-CANADA-V2&newsitemid=bishop&showbyline=True

One year ago, about this time, an ordination of some women detonated some considerable controversy.               Marilyn

First in the U.S. I think Elizabeth I was the first in the denomination.

Apostasy continues.
WP

Will the LAST Episcopalian out the door PLEASE turn out the lights! :smiley:

I think it is an embarrassment. You just can’t leave things alone. Everyone thinks they can just go out and do what they want.

St. Paul told Timothy “FOR THE TIME IS COMING WHEN PEOPLE WILL NOT ENDURE SOUND TEACHING, BUT HAVING ITCHING EARS THEY WILL ACCUMULATE FOR THEMSELVES TEACHERS TO SUIT THEIR OWN LIKINGS, AND WILL TURN AWAY FROM LISTENING TO THE TRUTH AND WANDER INTO MYTHS.” (2tIM 4:3-4)

I am from Nevada, and have friends in the Episcopal Church, and they are looking into the Catholic Church!
Looks like it is good for us.
Prague

I hear the Anglo-Catholics and High Church Anglicans, in the Church of England, are getting pretty fed up with the Archbishop-pretender of Canterbury and his liberal cohorts. Maybe they will cross the Tiber :smiley:

Wouldn’t it be great if more and more checked us out because of this situation! I am working on my friends, and maybe they may work on there friends and on and on.
The snowball effect.
Prague

The conversion of Linda Poindexter, former Episcopalian “priest”, to Catholicism makes for far more worthwhile reading:

ewtn.com/library/ISSUES/ZEPISCWO.HTM

And other women like her:

newoxfordreview.org/reviews.jsp?did=0605-gardiner

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.