fisheaters

Anyone know what has happened to Fisheaters.com? It has crashed and burned?????

Just checked, loaded fine for me. :thumbsup:

Yep, I can get it too.

Working fine for me :slight_smile:

Same as the others have said… it still works. :shrug:

[quote="Zacdecat, post:1, topic:277823"]
Anyone know what has happened to Fisheaters.com? It has crashed and burned?????

[/quote]

It was down recently, but now it's up and running smoothly.

I like Fisheaters.com :)

Yeah, but I pray that someday they’ll be faithful to the Magesterium.

[quote="svid2, post:8, topic:277823"]
Yeah, but I pray that someday they'll be faithful to the Magesterium.

[/quote]

:rolleyes:

[quote="svid2, post:8, topic:277823"]
Yeah, but I pray that someday they'll be faithful to the Magesterium.

[/quote]

What a blanket statement. I would hazard a guess (who knows? but since you opened the question) that the proportion of members who are faithful to the magisterium is actually higher over there, if for no other reason that the different purpose of that group. Also, the moderator there allows a great deal of freedom to posters, unlike other places, but she gives these guidelines:

From the General Rules of Fish Eaters:
"When speaking about the current Holy Father or any previous Pope, he will be spoken of respectfully. He may be referred to using his proper titles, e.g., The Holy Father, or his Papal name, e.g., in the case of the current Pontiff, Benedict XVI or Benedict.

Any criticism of Papal actions must be done respectfully with due consideration given both to the person and office of the Pope, remembering that he is the Vicar of Christ and holds the Keys. This means referring to him as an heretic, accusing him of heresy, etc. is not allowed on this forum. Sarcastic or vitriolic comments, or anything not worthy of the dignity of the Papacy is not allowed. He should always be given the benefit of the doubt for his actions, as far as reason allows, out of respect for the Throne of Peter and the Magisterium."

It was hacked but after several days Vox returned it to full operationing status. Since then it has gone down for a matter of minutes as the kinks of the re-start work themselves out. See you in the tank.

I was trying to register on it a few weeks ago and registration is disabled. :frowning:

Send a PM to the moderator over there. could be a left over glitch from the hackers.

[quote="Rich_C, post:10, topic:277823"]
What a blanket statement. I would hazard a guess (who knows? but since you opened the question) that the proportion of members who are faithful to the magisterium is actually higher over there, if for no other reason that the different purpose of that group. Also, the moderator there allows a great deal of freedom to posters, unlike other places, but she gives these guidelines:

From the General Rules of Fish Eaters:
"When speaking about the current Holy Father or any previous Pope, he will be spoken of respectfully. He may be referred to using his proper titles, e.g., The Holy Father, or his Papal name, e.g., in the case of the current Pontiff, Benedict XVI or Benedict.

Any criticism of Papal actions must be done respectfully with due consideration given both to the person and office of the Pope, remembering that he is the Vicar of Christ and holds the Keys. This means referring to him as an heretic, accusing him of heresy, etc. is not allowed on this forum. Sarcastic or vitriolic comments, or anything not worthy of the dignity of the Papacy is not allowed. He should always be given the benefit of the doubt for his actions, as far as reason allows, out of respect for the Throne of Peter and the Magisterium."

[/quote]

Well put Rich. Yes there are discussions on Fisheaters that would never last on this board, but if you notice, the way out of line posters are called out by most of the folks on the board. And discussing current trends and issues helps everyone clear the air. Better out in the open than hiding one's head in the sand and pretending everything is just fine.

If you go to the FE forum announcements in the Welcome Wagon section, there is a pinned thread about how to join now. Hope this helps anyone who wants to join.

Lol what? You can say the same thing about this site due to some of the members on here. Geez :rolleyes:

That’s what I was thinking. Or even more. I mean, I’ve come across people on this site who are supportive of contraception and/or abortion. Because some members of the forum may believe that doesn’t mean the site does! Beware of taking opinions by members of forums as the stance of the site that runs the forum. That’s why you find disclaimers on these sites.

I think the site is extremely informative with very well researched articles. It is an excellent resource for sound, Catholic teaching.

Oops. Wrong thread. Dear mod, can you please delete?

Works great :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.