Flame Of Love Hail Mary Change

I would like to know about the devotion and movement of the Flame Of Love change to the Hail Mary. Elizabeth Kindelman is the person who had supposed locutions from Our Lord and Our Lady and requested the change to the Hail Mary adding “spread the effect of grace of Thy Flame Of Love over all humanity” to be added after “pray for us sinners”… I bought the book, but have some reservations regarding this change. Elizabeth Kindelman never had any visions; only supposed “discussions” with Our Lord and Our Lady. I’m sure we’ve all had “discussions”, but does that constitute writing everything down and starting a movement? And how are we to know if this is the case. There is a Nihil Obstat by Msgr. Prior and an Imprimatur by Archbishop Chaput, but I have researched for days trying to find anything that states the church approval of this. Anthony Mullen, who promotes this, has appeared on EWTN, Johnette Benkovic and Fr. Mitch Pacwa, but I would like to know if this is church approved. I don’t want to do anything in praying the Rosary or in saying the Hail Mary that would be offensive to Our Lord. I know that satan can appear as an angel of light, so church approval is very important to me. Can anyone shed some light on this? If this is true, then I will certainly change the way I say the Hail Mary, as Our Lord asks. I would be most grateful. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve never read the book Flame of Love but I do own it. It appears to have a Nihil Obstat and Imprimatur (which nowadays doesn’t really mean anything). It does appear to have approval of some cardinals, bishops, and priests.

So I’m interested in hearing the input of others.

1 Like

Never heard of it. Never heard of that woman.
I’m not sure why anyone feels the need to clarify things for our Lady.
Pray for us sinners, means everyone. Why tack on extra phrases?
In your private prayer life you can do anything you want, I suppose.
I’m not interested in changes to the rote prayers.
:twocents:

1 Like

JUNE 8, 2016 – WEEK TEN – WEDNESDAY – THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS

(Matthew 5:17-20)

Prayer: Come, Holy Spirit. Make me great in Jesus’ Kingdom.

Imagination: (Picture Jesus teaching his disciples about following the Law and the Prophets.)

Context:

“Law and prophets” means the whole Old Testament. Jesus wants his Church to retain these books and teach them to his disciples. At the same time, these books are not God’s final word or his greatest gift because Jesus “fulfills” these laws and prophetic words.

Gospel text: (Read slowly, possibly aloud)

Jesus said to his disciples, “Do not think that I have come to destroy the law or the prophets. I have not come to destroy, but to fulfill. Amen I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter, not even the smallest part of the letter will pass away, until all is fulfilled.

Whoever shall break one of these least commandments and teach others to do so, will be called least in the Kingdom of heaven. Whoever shall keep them and teach others to do so, shall be called great in the Kingdom of heaven.

I tell you that unless your goodness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you shall not enter the Kingdom of heaven.

Thoughts. (Read all. Ponder the ones that attract you.)

Jesus makes us God’s children.
The disciple must keep God’s word in the law and the prophets.
They must, also, teach others to live by God’s word.
Then, they will be great in the Kingdom. They will be both doers and teachers.
As disciples, they must go beyond the limited goodness of the scribes and Pharisees.
Their tasks are heavy but their reward is great. They will enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
Affections. (When one touches your heart, use your own words.)

O Jesus, you have made me a child of the Father.
Train me in your word, O Lord. Plant your truth in my heart.
Let your word be a lamp for my feet and a guide for my path.
Give me a zeal to instruct others in your word.
May your power make me a doer of your word.
You call me to be great in the Kingdom. I cherish your invitation.
Resolutions (Possibly you might want to make your own.)

I will examine where I do not keep God’s law.
I will read the Old Testament to see God’s words to Israel.
Thought for the Day (To recall your meditation)

Whoever keeps these commandments and teaches others will be great in the Kingdom.

The post JUNE 8, 2016 – WEEK TEN – WEDNESDAY – THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS appeared first on Flame of Love.

Here is the link to the site. You can subscribe and receive daily meditations like the one I posted.

divineantidote.wordpress.com/

Go to the site and read about them. Here is an excerpt.

"The Divine Antidote (against Satan) is an outreach of the www.FLAMEOFLOVE.US and www.MYCONSECRATION.ORG, which seeks to help educate and inspire all those whom God is calling now to embrace God’s Plan for His Church and all who love God, which Plan of God is: He wills to establish in the world devotion to His Mother’s Immaculate Heart and has now given an “Extraordinary Grace”…a “Greatest Grace”… at this time in salvation history to accelerate and perfect devotion to His Mother’s Immaculate Heart so she can better give us what she has and transform us into Jesus Christ. God calls this Grace: The Flame of Love of the Immaculate Heart of Mary and it has been approved by the Church through the local ordinary, Cardinal Peter Erdo, Archbishop of Budapest, Hungary and head of the European Bishops’ Conferences.

The primary author of the Blog is Anthony Mullen, who was appointed (after nomination by his Bishop) to be the United States National Coordinator of the International Movement of the Flame of Love of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, a Private Association of the Faithful. The Spiritual Dairy of Elizabeth Kindelmann, to whom our Lord and His Mother gave the Messages for the Church, is the evidence for the Grace.

The background and the reality of the Grace have been placed into the historical teaching of the Church (which was approved by our spiritual director) and this detailed analysis can be read under the Tab of “Divine Antidote/Purpose”.

I have read the website and that is what is stated. However, I wanted to know if this is church approved and I don’t find anything stating that it is. I guess I’m not in favor of changes to the Hail Mary - or any other major prayer for that matter. Even at Fatima, adding the prayer “Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins…” is fine - it did not change any prayers. Obviously this is a private revelation, but if, as is stated on their website and according to Elizabeth Kindelman Our Lady requires it in saying the Rosary, then I would like to know. I suppose if it’s this hard to validate church approval, then maybe it’s not approved. I don’t always trust a website.

1 Like

It’s not a church-approved private revelation. Even if it were, you would not be bound by it.

I am always leery of “apparitions” that request us to change this or that prayer. Sounds mechanical and does not cultivate a real growth in faith.

1 Like

**Michael Brown of SPIRIT DAILY wrote about Elizabeth Kindelmann here;

spiritdaily.net/kindelman2.htm**

(According to what he said there, The Flame of Love devotion has been “accepted by the Church.”)

CHURCH-APPROVED MESSAGES SPOKE OF COMING STORM, JOLTS TO EARTH, AND A RENEWED WORLD

We have been reporting on Elizabeth Kindelmann – a “victim soul” seer from Budapest who died in 1985 after receiving years of what are now called the “Flame of Love of the Immaculate Heart of Mary” messages – some with dramatic portents for the future.

Those messages met with the rare approval of a cardinal, Péter Erdö, primate of Hungary (also president of the Council of Episcopal Conference in Europe) and at least six bishops in Latin America – along with her local ordinary.

Somehow, in the flood of “revelations,” locutions, and apparitions, these seem to have been missed.

But dramatic they are (and available in the way of a booklet, The Flame of Love of the Immaculate Heart of Mary), which has a website and from which we hope to obtain booklets for distribution in the U.S.).

In addition to Cardinal Erdö, the seer drew the support of a second cardinal, Archbishop Bernardino Echeverría Ruiz, of Guayaquil [right]. The other bishops included prelates from Acapulco, Celaya, Tuxila, Hermosillo, Mexico City, and Durango. After requesting approval of the global Church for the organization based on Flame of Love, Cardinal Ruiz was sent a letter from the Vatican’s J. Francis Stafford, president of the Pontifical Council for the laity, encouraging him “to take every measure for the association to give abundant fruits among its members” and inviting him “to continue with the tender task of spiritual accompaniment.”

“Jolts” were coming to the earth, Elizabeth said she was told (by the Lord), jolts that will “give rise to a new world by the power of faith.” The earth will be renewed, “for never has such a flow of grace ever been given since the Word became Flesh,” she said she heard.

This renewing of the world will be tested by suffering and take place through the imploring force of the Virgin, the seer added.

“Know that the earth is like nature before a storm,” Elizabeth, who died in 1985, says she was told. “It can also be compared to a volcano when it suddenly awakens, smothers, kills, and blinds everyone with the infernal smoke sprouting up and its falling ashes, whose seism destroys everything around. The deadly ashes full of sulfur want to blemish human souls created in the image of God.”

But the flame of the Blessed Mother is about to ignite, Mary told Elizabeth – blinding Satan and freeing mankind from the “smoking lava” of hatred.

“The elect souls will have to fight the Prince of Darkness,” Mary intoned. “It will be a frightening storm – no, not a storm, but a hurricane devastating everything! He even wants to destroy the faith and confidence of the elect. I will always be beside you in the storm that is now brewing. I am your mother. I can help you and I want to! You will see everywhere the light of my Flame of Love sprouting out like a flash of lightning illuminating Heaven and earth, and with which I will inflame even the dark and languid souls! But what sorrow it is for me to have to watch so many of my children throw themselves in hell!”

There will be persecution and the persecutors, warned Mary, will be the “cowards” who “fear for their well-being, those who know everything better than others.”

They would attack as Herod once attacked, the Blessed Mother warned.

“My children,” Mary concluded, “the Arm of my Divine Son is ready to strike. I can barely hold it back. Help me! If you invoke my Flame of Love, we can save the world together.”

Her voice, said Elizabeth, was “full of majesty, power, and firmness” when she spoke of coming events. “I cannot convey with words the inexpressible astonishment and the wonder with which I heard that. After a few minutes of silence, she spoke in quite another tone, her usual and maternal tone of soft tenderness: ‘Fear not, have confidence in my power as a mother.’”

[resources: The Flame of Love of the Immaculate Heart of Mary and website]

I’m familiar with this and have the following opinion based on my conversations with a parish administrator.

If you want to pray that version of the Hail Mary by yourself, feel free. Prayers can be said multiple ways.

However, if you are leading a public Rosary, stick to the original (unless you are emphasizing in the bulletin that on X day at X time it’s the “Flame of Love Rosary”)

DesertSister62, with all due respect, your resource is only the website purporting the inner thoughts of Elizabeth Kindelman. And while there might be some hierarchy who “approves” this devotion, no Pope nor anyone in the Vatican is indicating any approval. Furthermore, my original question regards the change to Hail Mary. So why, after centuries of praying this beautiful prayer of The Rosary and Our Lady, does it need to be changed? I will certainly do anything Our Lord asks, but I find this difficult to accept at this point. This was never required in approved apparitions, i.e., Fatima, Lourdes, St. Faustina, etc. Elizabeth Kindelman had no apparitions - just inner “talk” supposedly with Our Lord and Our Lady. So why should we believe her. Many good, faithful people have inner discussions but those, as far as I know, do not constitute major changes to a centuries-old prayer - The Hail Mary.

1 Like

Thank you, that makes so much sense. I guess the way I read the original Flame of Love Rosary information made it sound like if we didn’t do it this new way, we in some way were not cooperating with Our Lady and Our Lord’s request.

St Louis De Montfort used to recommend adding extra parts to the Hail Marys if it helped one meditate better.

Eg:
During the mystery of the Crowning of Thorns it could be included:
Hail Mary full of Grace, the Lord Jesus Crowned with Thorns is with thee,

Pope John Paul II was devoted to St Louis De Montfort’s work. Which goes to show that if the words are theologically okay, then that’s okay.

The words you mentioned asking for Our Lady’s love to cover mankind, that is a good thing to ask for, basically you will have said your Hail Mary and just added a petition after each one.

Sounds good :slight_smile:

Any catholic-theologically-okay-prayer to Our Lady, is good and heard in Heaven :slight_smile:

If the words don’t contradict Catholic teachings then pray them away :slight_smile:

Asking Our Lady’s grace for us sinners, and then her love to cover mankind, those are good petitions to ask the greatest Saint in Heaven to ask Jesus for us,

So it’s not asking us to change the Hail Mary for everything, just for this devotion. Sounds good - thanks! :slight_smile:

http://www.selfhealgo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/THE_FLAME_OF_LOVE_OF_THE_IMMACULATE_HEART_OF_MARY.jpg

Thank you MaryHelp777 and phil19034 for getting to the root of the problem!
You are right, we pray the Flame of Love petition when we pray the rosary privately or with others practicing the devotion, but not when the rosary is being prayed with those who are not practicing the devotion. That way there is no confusion.

In answer to the question as to why that petition is added;
theflameoflove.org/

THE FLAME OF LOVE, AN INSTRUMENT OF SPIRITUAL WARFARE FOR OUR TIME

**As the world watches in horror the barbaric acts committed against Christians and other communities in many parts of the world – called evil acts by many, acts inspired by the devil – our thoughts immediately turn to this great grace that is the Flame of Love, for the Flame of Love BLINDS SATAN. **We understand better now why this sublime grace was given specifically for this time – ours – and the urgent need to get to work at a point in human history when Satan’s power reached a peak - “he who is a murderer from the beginning … and a liar and the father of lies.” (Jn 8: 44)

The words of the Virgin Mary resonate more strongly than ever, and they come back to mind in these days: "The moment is near when my Flame of Love will ignite. At that moment, Satan will be blinded. …] The Flame will ignite and will reach the whole world, not only in the nations consecrated to me, but all over the earth. It will spread out even in the most inaccessible places, because there is no place inaccessible to Satan."

Let us continue wholeheartedly this great fight to blind the evil one and save souls, hand in hand with our Mother. This moment in history is critical and we have the ultimate instrument of combat: “I would like to place in your hands a new instrument, which I want you to accept and appreciate its importance.”

Even if the darkness seems to have taken over for a while, do not doubt the outcome of this great struggle. Here’s what Mary said: “There has never been a time of grace like this since the Word became Flesh. Blinding Satan will shake the world.”**

Thank you all very much - this makes so much more sense now. :signofcross:

Our Lady herself gave the Holy Rosary to St. Dominic, and the prayers of which it consists have not changed in centuries. “Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners…” covers all mankind as all are sinners, so the add-on is just redundancy and vanity. Ignore it.

I think MaryHelp777 said it best, that additions to each Hail Mary are already an accepted devotional practice, even in Louis de Montfort’s Second Way of Saying the Rosary, adding a phrase after “blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus…”
holyrosary.ageofmary.com/montfort-method-2
The admonition in this Flame of Love movement seems to me to be in keeping with this kind of tradition; neither required nor disallowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.