FLASHBACK: Obama: My Presidency Will Be ‘A One-Term Proposition’ If Economy Doesn't Turn In 3 Years

President Barack Obama said in February 2009 that his presidency would be “one-term proposition” if the economy did not recover in three years, giving him less than six months from today.

“Look, I’m at the start of my administration. One nice thing about the situation I find myself in is that I will be held accountable. You know, I’ve got four years,” Obama told The Today Show’s Matt Lauer on February 1, 2009.

“A year from now I think people are going to see that we’re starting to make some progress," said Obama. "But there’s still going to be some pain out there. If I don’t have this done in three years, then there’s going to be a one-term proposition.”

When speaking at a campaign fundraiser on Wednesday, President Obama said, “When I said ‘change we can believe in’ I didn’t say ‘change we can believe in tomorrow.’ Not change we can believe in next week. We knew this was going to take time because we’ve got this big, messy, tough democracy and that’s a great thing about America is that there are all these contentious ideas that are out there and we’ve got to make our case.”

The unemployment rate is currently 9.1 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

cnsnews.com/news/article/flashback-obama-said-presidency-will-be

I should add that to the quotes in my signature… :smiley:

Good riddance to the worst president in the history of our country! Arrogance defined!

President Obama has really disapoointed.

There was hope, he had the supoort and well wishes of the entire nation when he came into office and in my opinion, he has failed.

If Yahweh does not build a house in vain do its builders toil.

At the start of his presidency, I wrote to him, congratulating him, also saying that for most part he said the right things (flashback to his democratic convention speech). But I also wrote that I was concerned about his pro-abortion stand. He is an intelligent man and for him to equivocate on the matter, a matter that is clear even to ‘primitive’ people (when a woman is pregnant, they know and say that she is with child), made me worry that he was squandering God’s favour.

Still, it is our duty is to offer our prayers and sacrifice for our Leaders. They have an immense task.

He really ought ot do the repsectable thing then, and bow out like Johnson did.

He didn’t have mine. I knew from the get-go he was the wrong man for the job. I did not trust him the first time I ever heard him open his mouth, and subsequent events have given me absolutely no reason to alter my view. He is the biggest disaster this country ever elected.

Well said. I could almost work up a certain amount of respect for him if he put the country ahead of himself, acknowledged he was in way over his head, and repeated Johnson’s famous words: “I will not seek, nor will I accept, the nomination of my party for another term as your president.”

Worse than Bush and Buchanan? Ridiculous

Certainly worse than Bush…not sure about Buchanan.

worse than Bush for sure. Buchanon and Obama are a toss up.

Good riddance, Obama.

The country was not in this shape during those administrations. True Bush spent too much and many of us criticized that. But Obama has spent many times over. Bush left him an AAA rating, Obama dumbed it down to AA.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.