Flipping Goods.. Moral?

Is it moral to purchase items and flip them for a profit? For example, is it moral to purchase something off of Craigslist and then resell it at a higher price as soon as you obtain the item?

Why wouldn’t it be?

That is called good business.

Just seems almost too easy…

Anyways, Pax Christi!

Actually, I think it seems really difficult. Waiting for someone to respond, spending all that time looking for cheaply priced items that would be easy to resell. Also, just because something is easy to accomplish does not make it immoral. If I go to the gym, it is easy to loose weight but that does not make being slim a sin.

To be honest, I am a bit disappointed. When I first read the title, I thought this would be a post about great morals. I read it as ‘Flipping good morals!’ I misplaced the ‘s’, did not see the ‘…’ and turned the ‘?’ into a ‘!’. Perhaps I am coming down with dislexia:p

This is the whole basis of commerce. Stores buy items at a certain cost and mark them up for profit. So, what would be wrong with it?

Why would you think that buying something then selling it for a profit would be a sin??

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.