Flood Geology Revisted Over and Over Again Until the Very End

Based on the Star of Bethlehem thread, I guess my only other contribution to these astronomical thoughts is how gradual evolutionary theories may be married with flood geology as they all relate to the second coming of Christ.

I have no idea if something like this could even happen or not, but I suspect (if anything literal could be determined) that the Sun itself has probably given off super flares in the past, probably wreaking havoc on the earth’s magnetic fields, irradiating the world (causing mutations), and radically changing the earth’s overall environment-- resulting in the punctuated equilibrium that Gould noted throughout the evolutionary fossil record.

I’m also guessing that over the billions of years that the Earth’s geological development has transpired, gradual sublimation has resulted in planetary rings much like Saturn around the earth-- but that these rings were fairly unstable as they may have been precariously balanced in between the Earth’s magnetic fields.

I also suspect that when the Sun gave off these ‘super flares’, disrupting the earth’s magnetic field and “overcharging” the earth’s dynamo, it simultaneously resulted in massive upheavals (similar to how a battery would burst forth acid when overcharged) all the while disrupting the rings the Earth may have had, causing them to partially drop into the atmosphere (with most of it being cleared by the super flare further into the solar system) resulting in comets that periodically return to their “origin”.

I think this may explain why the Earth has been plunged into several ice ages over the last several hundred million years within the Earth’s geological history-- and it might explain why there have been such massive extinction periods combined with multiple mutations at various different times in Earth’s hundred of millions year history too.

And my best guess is that something like this happened during the Great Deluge of Noah-- that a super flare rocked the world and obliterated a partially developed ring system around the earth-- the so-called “flood gates of the heavens” or perhaps the “circle of the earth” as mentioned in Isaiah.

I guess, if a spiritual analogy could be gleaned, one could argue that the Earth was 'circumcised" of its planetary rings as it was saved by the ‘baptism’ of the ensuing deluge.

I suspect this may happen again too-- with major sunspots appearing on the Sun before it “flares”. But this time, if something like this were to actually happen and any predictions could be made, it would probably be preceeded by tremendoues sunspots on the Sun prior to the super flare, Saturn’s ring system would collapse as a reminder of once did happen (and is mocked), Jupiter would be all aglow with aurora appearing like a ‘Star of Bethelhem’, and there would be no more rings to “shield the earth” and “save it” from something that Sr. Agnes may had alluded to.

First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.

They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”

But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water.

By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed.

By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

In the end, I don’t really know. It’s only the best educated guess I can give based on all the data availble from all points of view.

And only God himself knows for sure.

Good bye everyone. Thanks for your time.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.