Floods and wildfires

May I ask your prayer for eastern States of Australia. Large areas of north Queensland have severe flooding, with more rain expected. Supplies are runing short in the worst affected areas.

In Victoria at this time at least 14 people have been killed and more than 100 homes destroyed in wildfires so far with high winds fuelling the blazes.

My sister and her husband’s home is amongst the many in danger, and their son, who has remained in his home to protect his property, is in line with the fires. Their aunt and uncle’s home has already been destroyed…and along with others’ homes. In New South Wales fires are also threatening homes.

The estimated death toll is as high as 40 as temperatures of up to 47C, that is 116.6 degrees F in Victoria during this last week. This is the highest temperature in Victoria in recorded history.
Victoria being in the south (it being the Southern Hemisphere) is supposed to be one of the cooler States.

Your prayers would be welcomed. Thank you

Join you in this intention prayer…

Australia is a nice country, I’ve been there before for vacation.

Loving God,

We do not always understand why things happen in our world, why certain areas or people endure natural disasters or calamities, and how the people of our country can be subjected to injury and death as a result of these events. Please bless the people of Trishie’s homeland, help them to persevere in the time of trial, help them to band together and care for one another as these challenges and problems occur in their homes and across their nation. Please grant mercy to these people and send caring and loving people to minister to those in most need. Please end the suffering and anxiety as soon as possible in accordance with your Holy and divine will. Please comfort and protect Trishie and her relatives during this time and send the shield of God to protect your people as they work through this perilous time. We thank you for the many blessings your provide us each day and hope that we may also hear your call and respond when you present these challenging times to our brothers and sisters around the world.

We pray in the name of your beloved son, our Lord Jesus, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever.

Amen.

Thank you both for your prayers. Thank you Wina for your kind thoughts and intentions;
and J for your caring and meditative prayer.

I doubt I’ll hear from the family regarding the fires before morning now. The family mentioned live over 1000 miles from where I do. I believe they’ll be okay, but unfortunately not all people have been, including a badly burned firefighter.

Much of Queensland state has been declared a disaster zone, an area of more than one million square kilometres (386,100 square miles) and 3,000 homes affected by floods due to torrential rains.

But I know that areas of the United States and Europe have also been suffering extremes of climate and conditions, so my prayers for all thus suffering around the world.

I am praying for the safety of all those involved.

Praying very hard for your intention!

May St.Florian the patron of firefighters and St.Michael the defender of all our battles, as well as St.Agatha strengthen all those who are in peril and responding to the needs of those in danger.

May our Blessed Mother who also intercedes whenever we flee to her protection intercede as well.
We ask all these prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.

The Weather Channel here has showed video of the wildfires in Australia, and I have offered prayers. Will continue to do so, Trishie.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

At this stage, 35 confirmed dead but more expected to be found. Many died in cars fleeing fires that arrived suddenly. Some cars were abandoned and burned out and the bodies not yet found. Numerous people are in hospitals with burns.
The fires are threatening more towns in Victoria and New South Wales, some burning out of control.

Fire is still in my family’s areas, but the wind turned a short distance from my sister’s property and thus also from her son’s property beside hers, and away another son whose house was facing immanent fire, with flames close to his house. I’m sure your prayers helped protect my family.

Thank you for your prayers for my countrymen.

The death-toll from the Victorian fires is now 76; and entire towns have been burned. Fires continue burning.

still praying for this intention

Loving God,

The good people of Australia are suffering and the wild fires still rage in their land. Many have been killed and many more are without shelter or basic care. Please shield and provide safety to these people of eastern Australia, help them to avoid the fires and weather the challenges of these times. Please help the care givers, government, and all who minister to these people to be swift, caring, and competent as they carry out the saving missions. The temperature has dropped some now, but the wind is unpredictable and the fires still rage. Please protect Trishie and her family and all who live in this area of Australia and ease their concern and anxiety in accordance with your Holy and divine will. Please bless your people and bring their suffering and these fires to an end as soon as possible.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

Praying for yalls saftey there in Australia so that yall will get rain where it is needed and where it isnt needed sent to places that do.

*Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

*August Queen of the Heavens, heavenly sovereign of the Angels, Thou who from the beginning received from God the power and the mission to crush the head of Satan, we humbly beseech Thee to send Your holy Legions, so that under Thy command and through Thy power, they may pursue the demons and combat them everywhere, suppress their boldness, and drive them back into the abyss. Who is like God? O good and tender Mother, Thou will always be our love and hope! O Divine Mother, send Thy Holy Angels to defend me and to drive far away from me the cruel enemy. Holy Angels and Archangels, defend us, guard us. Amen.

This morning on our local news, they said the death toll has risen to 84. Please dear Lord, help all those victims, the firefighters and all the caregivers who are responding to this national crisis. Quench the fires with your love by sending out a pouring rain. We ask all these prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Lord Father your Sacred Hands are needed to calm and heal nature Amen

Dear Lord, help these people. And please have mercy on the souls of those who have died. Comfort the families. Heal the injured, and help the homeless. Amen.

The death toll is now 116 and rising as areas closed by fire burned out homes and cars are reached by firefighters and volunteer humanitarian workers.

Thank you all for your prayers.

Dear Trishie,
Praying for your family and all the people in this fire zone in Australia…Dear Father , let your rain come down upon this out of control fire…We know through our prayers that you are listening and we know our faith will help all these people, firefighters, hospital workers, nurses, doctors and all that help safe…We pray for your immediate help to these loving people, and help for those that have lost loved ones already…In Jesus Name we pray…Amen…Warmly, LynneMarie

My Mum and Dad and Sister’s family were all evacuated from Whittlesea on Saturday, but were able to go back home Sunday after the cool change and change of wind direction. Throught the grace of God and the courage of the firefighters, they and their homes are OK. Mum and Dad’s place is pretty much in the middle of town. My sis is a bit further out on a property; their house just stinks of smoke. They’ve got another couple staying with them who managed to escape their home with the clothes on their backs and their baby in a nappy; they had no warning, they just piled into the car and WENT. Even left thier wallets and cellphones in the house - which is no longer there. The fire was THAT fast, up to 100km/h (60 mp/h) gusts; they smelt smoke, then embers started raining down, next thing the fire-front was coming over the hill…incerdibly scary.

Prayers for the dead and thoughts to the CFA, SES and other emergency workers. Just had a phonecall; looks like our Police unit might be shutting down and us going out to do our bit, even if it’s just traffic control…

Will keep you updated.

Apparently now one the main problems is traffic from STUPID SIGHTSEERS…what are these morbid fools thinking??? Or more obviously they’re not…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.