Florida City Bans Christian Paintings

This one may backfire big time:

**Florida City Bans Christian Paintings **

A central Florida artist has been told his childhood memories, depicted in paintings, are "too religious” to be displayed in his hometown.

Paintings by artist Lloyd Marcus have been banned from being exhibited during a Black History Month display in Deltona, Fla., an Orlando suburb, because some of the paintings contain "Christian symbols” that reflect the artist’s memories of his childhood at his dad’s storefront church.

Full Story

PF

It just shows the mindset of our world. Hopefully there will be an outcry on this.

I could go off but will save you from my anger over these types of situation.:mad:

Oh please…there really was nothing “too religious” in any of the paintings! Yes there was religion in them butnothing that would or should offend anybody!!!
http://www.newsmax.com/adv/marcus/ChristmasBasket.jpg

What is so upsetting about this…oh wait the man holding the basket of food has a collar on…silly me:rolleyes: ! Could we not look past the collar and see the BIG picture? that of people HELPING THE LESS FORTUNATE!!!

[quote=Toni]It just shows the mindset of our world. Hopefully there will be an outcry on this.

I could go off but will save you from my anger over these types of situation.:mad:
[/quote]

It’s like King George V said to the doctor who was euthanizing him, “God damn you!”. The refusal to display the religious paintings is our society’s rejection of Christ. Rejection and resistance towards conversion is a sin against the Holy Spirit. Which can’t be forgiven. Our America has hardened its heart. I remember what Isaias the prophet said, that our faith is like filth and rags. Russia spread her errors throughout the world, she was consecrated, but it was too little too late. An outcry on this, right I hope you are. For the atheists, secularists and non-believers will take over this nation if we let them. I think that our America is religiously illiterate. We Catholics hold that responsibility. In the American dollar it says in God we trust, it might as well say in the dollar we trust. The art gallery’s desicion to not allow the religious paintings on display is an example of the culture of hedonism. There’s a dark force influencing the Church of God by people who don’t think they’re excommunicated and many of them are not aware of it. WAKE UP AMERICA!!!

As a side note in the words of Father Corapi, “I hope the Holy Spirit gives them a kick in the butt.”

Deltona is the Florida City and needs to immediately undo this insulting, illegal use of municipal authority! I can demand all day long that they do so but the citizenry have to step up! The artwork, by the way, is most pleasant and inspiring to look at in the best sense - very talented is Mr. Lloyd Marcus! A look into his accomplishments reveal an appreciative and considerate person.

This sort of secular bullying and those that perform it need to be stopped. Florida has exhibited an overabundance of these incidents. The courts, local governments, newspapers are fraught with ignorance and have free reign. Rather a sweeping condemnation but unfortunately a good look at it backs up my opinion. Two good examples are Terri Shiavo and Carlie Brucia.

[quote=Karin]Oh please…there really was nothing “too religious” in any of the paintings! Yes there was religion in them butnothing that would or should offend anybody!!!
http://www.newsmax.com/adv/marcus/ChristmasBasket.jpg

What is so upsetting about this…oh wait the man holding the basket of food has a collar on…silly me:rolleyes: ! Could we not look past the collar and see the BIG picture? that of people HELPING THE LESS FORTUNATE!!!
[/quote]

You missed the Charlie Brown-esque Christmas Tree. Christmas, preachers-----goodness!!! This guy is obviously shoving his religion down our throats.:rolleyes:

[quote=Karin]http://www.newsmax.com/adv/marcus/ChristmasBasket.jpg

[/quote]

This image is so inciting and hurtful I fear several embassies will need to be burned to the ground to show how really upset people are over it.

[quote=b_justb]This image is so inciting and hurtful I fear several embassies will need to be burned to the ground to show how really upset people are over it.
[/quote]

The artist was OBVIOUSLY trying to establish a state religion. I’m sure the ACLU will be stepping in with a gigantic lawsuit by tomorrow and save us from this travesty.

On the other hand -

A quart jar of urine with a crucifix was defended as being “art” and “freedom of expression” **OUR COUNTRY IS GOING TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET!!! **(Pardon my French.)

If anyone wants to find the email of the congressman and senator whose constituency this is, please post it. Hopefully enough of us will email those two reps and something will be done.

There is also a free petition site. If someone who lives in Florida wants to do that. And then send a press release out. I forgot the link and lost it when my hard drive died.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.