Florida governor signs new abortion restrictions

(Reuters) - Florida Governor Rick Scott signed legislation on Friday barring late-term abortions in cases where doctors determine an unborn child could survive outside the womb, in a move critics say further chips away at abortion rights.

The measure is among new limits on abortion pushed by Republicans in several states, some of which have prompted court challenges.

Existing Florida law forbids abortion after 24 weeks’ gestation, unless a woman’s life or health is jeopardized by continued pregnancy.

reuters.com/article/2014/06/13/us-usa-florida-abortion-idUSKBN0EO2L520140613

Richard Lynn “Rick” Scott is the 45th and current Governor of Florida and an American businessman. A member of the Republican Party, Scott has served as the Florida governor since 2011. Wikipedia

hmm, yet another REPUBLICAN…not a democrat.

Now who is being pro life here?

It is nice to see the individual States doing what the federal government will not.

This is good to hear. I would like to see abortion completely made illegal someday but I don’t think that is going to happen here in the United States any time soon and that is very sad. But at least steps like this can be taken to restrict abortion.

That said, I wonder if they will require each prospective abortion “patient” to go through an examination to determine whether or not the unborn child is viable before she can be permitted to have the abortion?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.