Florida Man Arrested After Allegedly Driving Van into GOP Tent

Florida Man Arrested After Allegedly Driving Van into GOP Tent

AMY FURR

9 Feb 2020 Breitbart News

A man was arrested after he allegedly drove his van through a GOP voter registration tent in Jacksonville, Florida, on Saturday.

The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office (JSO) took 27-year-old Gregory William Loel Timm into custody after he reportedly plowed his vehicle into a tent belonging to the Republican Party of Duval County, according to First Coast News. . . .

. . . Witnesses said the driver of the van, stopped the vehicle, get out of the van and took a video while making obscene gestures before he left.

“I thought he was going to slow down, but he didn’t and he gunned his engine and headed straight,” said one of the volunteers, who also noted that she was almost hit by the van.

Detectives were called to the scene . . .

. . . Prior to the event, Timm was reportedly being trained as a sound engineer for an international venue management and services company called ASM Global.

The suspect had recently joined the Jacksonville branch of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE) union, according to the group’s president, Susan Phillips. . .

View image on Twitter

Dean Black: Republican Party is apparently the only party of law and order

Feb. 11, 2020 - 4:47 - Van rams into GOP voter registration tent; Duval County GOP chairman Dean Black reacts.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6131442143001#sp=news-clips

Thank goodness they located him. Supposedly this story has practically been ignored by the liberal media.
Can you imagine if this had happened to a democratic
voter registration tent? It would have been their leading story on every network.

Thanks be to God the elderly volunteers were able to
escape injury!!

5 Likes

Right and wrong on both sides???

7_Sorrows . . .

Can you imagine if this had happened to a democratic voter registration tent? It would have been their leading story on every network.

Absolutely.

Just imagine this occurring at a Sanders get-out-the-vote event tent. And a MAGA Cap wearing guy did this?

Antifa wold be burning down the neighborhood and the media would be overwhelmed with glee covering it 24/7.

OK. I admit it. I am using a little hyperbole here but not much.

3 Likes

“Liberal media” like the Washington Post? NBC? CNN?

Oops, no, sorry, not them. Heck, even the Huffington Post had it listed as a top story.

I see it on NBC, Washington Post, the San Francisco Chronicles, and other media organizations that might be labeled as left leaning.

1 Like

Yep. It would be getting 24/7 coverage.

Leftist media is ignoring it alright, at least to an extent.

1 Like

After you’ve already been given proof otherwise. :rofl:

1 Like

puer.dei . . .

After you’ve already been given proof otherwise.

The only “proof” here is you using the fallacy of equivocation to argue your point.

You CHANGED my premise from 24/7 coverage to someone seeing a story.

Go ahead and give me “proof” of contrary to what I said. I’ll be waiting.

For all others, the fallacy of eqivocation is a favorite of the national left.

Then people in places like here imbibe their fallacious argumentation ideas and attempt to use such means to propogate these.

And I am saying beware of that type of (bogus) argumentation where they CHANGE a premise of your argument, then criticize you (while they are really merely criticizing their own change to your premise that THEY invented).

In some cases they don’t even see it.

And in other more nefarious circumstances they DO know that they are defending falsehood but PROPAGATE it anyway!

Here is another example of this fallacious argumentation . . . .

See here and here.

Hat tip to @HarryStotle for posting the video on my second “here” above.

No, I didn’t. I specifically quoted , and addressed, your statement that “Leftist media is ignoring it alright, at least to an extent.” It’s right there in my post.

Yes you did.

My quote was only ONE of your premises.

The other one was YOUR statement of “proof”.

Here it is again.

After you’ve already been given proof otherwise. :rofl:

So now go ahead and show your “proof” of the 24/7 media coverage if you think your argument is correct.

That is NOT “right there in” your post.
Nor is it in anyone elses post.

It is a fake way to argue puer.dei.
You are arguing based upon the Fallacy of Equivocation.

For everybody else.

Also don’t be fooled by puer.dei’s PARTIAL re-quote of mine (a doubling-down on the same fallacy).

Here is my real full quote in context . . .

Yep. It would be getting 24/7 coverage.

Leftist media is ignoring it alright, at least to an extent.

Not speaking strictly on this story as this is something that can be generally observed, but I find this concept of inferring motives and disposition by how much coverage something gets to be interested.

There are a few web sites that I manage. I earn extra money through ad revenue. There is some content that I put on the site in which I have no interest. But I put it there because past reports have shown that the content earns money for me. For some differences in news coverage I think something similar may occur; a broadcaster may choose how much attention to give stories in part based on some set of metrics of user interest.

Edit: didn’t mean to reply specifically to any one person. But wanted to express this thought.

How much time did they spend on the story? Was it a leading story?

Ingraham: The left’s rage and chaos campaign

Feb. 11, 2020 - 10:05 - Left’s anti-Trump movement became an anti-America movement.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6131441815001?playlist_id=5622526903001#sp=show-clips

1 Like

THe OP was clearly fake news, it would never happen.

MSNBC has come out with the correct interpretation (/satire)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.