Flu Vaccine May Prevent Severe Covid-19

Back in June my doctor said it may be of some benefit due to a flu shot’s stimulating/exciting the immune system

1 Like

Whether it prevents Covid or just lowers the severity, I’m getting it! Even if it’s efficacy is estimated at 50% but also lowers severity, it’s worth it and we can get back to taking precautions but enter the world again! That’s a win in my book!

1 Like

Interestingly I had another doctor tell me this, recently that this may be the case.
I get my flu shot every year and got mine already.

1 Like

I got mine a little over 3 weeks ago so it’s had time to do its thing.

It certainly can’t hurt to get one.

Glad to hear this, I have my appointment to get my flu shot in a week.

1 Like

I expect the people who choose to get flu shots are different from people who don’t, and some aspect of this difference in itself could explain why the flu shot people are less likely to get severe covid, perhaps because they are more likely to get a lighter initial virus exposure. Though it could be possible the flu shot does contribute something.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.