Flynn Family/ EWTN - Chaplet of the Divine Mercy

I’m not sure what it is about this “version” of the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy which is shown on EWTN, but I feel like I’m almost addicted to listening to it. The melody and the way it is sung is …hauntingly beautiful as weird as that sounds. Here’s a link to it in case you want to watch/ listen to it and aren’t familiar…

youtube.com/watch?v=j1fAgh1XAjs

I love to pray the Chaplet and we do this after praying the Rosary before Mass. It’s very special and beautiful. Does anyone else out there sing the Chaplet like this in their parish? Or is it only prayed like the Rosary?

Yes it is beautiful. …And a very powerful prayer…We sang it just like this on Divine Mercy Sunday

It’s a beautiful rendition!

We don’t sing it at our parish at the moment but I’d sure like for us to start.

That is pretty. There are a number of beautiful melodies for this prayer.

On Divine Mercy Sunday we sang The Divine Mercy Chaplet in Song (Trist Short). It was very beautiful. I’ve had requests for us to sing it again.

Very nice!

Hello. I am new to this forum. I am wondering where I can purchase a copy of the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy whic aired on EWTN around 1996. It is simply beautiful!!! I have the one airing now and would love to have a copy of the original which my granddaughter grew up on. I have checked with EWTN and they no longer have it in stcok. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I believe that this is the original melody used by the nuns in St Faustina’s convent in Poland!

:harp:

Hi Buford :wave:

Welcome to the forums! :slight_smile:

If you’re looking for this version of the Chaplet ( m.youtube.com/watch?v=j1fAgh1XAjs ), you can purchase it directly from the Marian Fathers, who are entrusted with the care of the National Shrine of the Divine Mercy, where this video was filmed.

Here is the link to their website where you can buy it: secure.marianweb.net/shopmercy.org/product.php?DID=108&PID=08110091&CATNAME=DIVINE+MERCY

:slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply. I have that version of it. I was informed by a friend of mine the older version which I am looking for is performed by Vinny Flynn Sill Waters, recorded at the National Shrine of the Divine Mercy and aired on EWTN around 1996 or 1997. It was offered at one time through EWTN Religous Catalogue. Ths is the evrsion I am speaking of:

youtube.com/watch?v=jUjcHZpra2U

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.