Follow the Bold and Underlined

Follow the** bold** and underlined right below and you will see that Virgin Mary is the “True Living Ark” that carried the Word of God made Flesh in Her. Amen

A. (2 Samuel 6: 9) And David was afraid of the Lord that day, saying: How shall the ark of the Lord come to me?

B. (Luke 1: 43) 43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

A. (2 Samuel 6: 10) And he would not have the ark of the Lord brought in to himself into the city of David: but he caused it to be carried into the house of Obededom the Gethite.

[size=]B. [/size](Luke 1: 39) And Mary rising up in those days, went into the hill country with haste into a city of Juda. 40 And she entered into the house of Zachary, and saluted Elizabeth.

[size=]A. [/size] (2 Samuel 6: 11) And the ark of the Lord abode in the house of Obededom the Gethite three months: and the Lord blessed Obededom, and all his household.

[size=]B.[/size] (Luke 1:56) And Mary abode with her about three months; and she returned to her own house.

[size=]A.[/size] (2 Samuel 6:12) And it was told king David, that the Lord had blessed Obededom, and all that he had, because of the ark of God. So David went, and brought away the ark of God out of the house of Obededom into the city of David with joy.

[size=]B.[/size](Luke 1: 44) For behold as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy.

In (2 Samuel 6: 12) above, if the Lord Blessed Obededom, and all his household because of the Ark, that was man made How much More Will the Lord Bless us and all our household all because of Virgin Mary the True Living Ark, created by the Hand of God.

In (2 Samuel 6: 10) David was afraid of God, because of the Ark but when David found out that Obededom Was being Blessed because of the ARK he then wanted the ARK. So it is with Mary the Living ARK many are afraid to even mentioned the Word Mary out loud for fear that someone might mistake them for a Catholic, How Sad this is.

So don’t be afraid to take Mary in to your lives as did St. John, She is the Living Ark, and by Her you will receive many, many blessing from God.

No one, I repeat no one, can deny the fact that Virgin Mary is a living Ark for the Word of God was Made Flesh through Her. If you do deny, how can you call yourself a Christian.

Ufamtobie

What about these passages?

(1 Chronicles 13:9-10) And when they came to the threshing floor of Chidon, Uzzah put out his hand to take hold of the ark, for the oxen stumbled. And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah, and he struck him down because he put out his hand to the ark, and he died there before God.

Did someone casually placing a hand on the Virgin Mary - either the apostle John, her husband Joseph, or anyone else - die?

(1 Samuel 5:10) So they sent the ark of God to Ekron. But as soon as the ark of God came to Ekron, the people of Ekron cried out, "They have brought around to us the ark of the God of Israel to kill us and our people."

When the Virgin Mary walked into the room, did anyone ever cry out: “We’re all gonna die now!”

(Joshua 3:14-16) So when the people set out from their tents to pass over the Jordan with the priests bearing the ark of the covenant before the people, and as soon as those bearing the ark had come as far as the Jordan, and the feet of the priests bearing the ark were dipped in the brink of the water (now the Jordan overflows all its banks throughout the time of harvest), the waters coming down from above stood and rose up in a heap very far away, at Adam, the city that is beside Zarethan, and those flowing down toward the Sea of the Arabah, the Salt Sea, were completely cut off. And the people passed over opposite Jericho.

Did the Virgin Mary ever cause a river to split in two by simply walking into it?

Again, I don’t know if Mary ever split a river in two, I believe She has the Power to do so, being that She is the Mother of God. But what I do know, for scripture tells us, it was through Mary’s intercession that Jesus did His first miracle for the couple on their wedding day. Immagine How many Miracles has she told Jesus Christ to do since then, even Miracles for you, and look how you treat Her.:frowning:

Wolf, Mary is not “little Miss Riding Hood” that you should be going around picking on Her, in the ways that you do, you will only find yourself falling into your own trap.

Wolf, FYI Mary is Far Greater as the East is from the West than the man made Ark! Can I here an Amen.:thumbsup:
Tell, me Wolf, do you deny that Mary is the Living Ark?**

Ufamtobie

I’d like to focus on something you said in your response: “The Ark that you talk about is made by men.” Well, you spent an entire post comparing Mary to that ark made by men. That’s my point. You took random passages from the Old and New Testament that had similar phrases and - in one instance - one word that was the same, and said it was proof that Mary was the living ark. So, to maintain consistency in that logic, I went to other verses dealing with the original ark. You may not like that, but I went by the standards you yourself set. If you’re going to turn around and now say, “Oh well see that doesn’t count because that’s the man-made ark”…well, why then do you get to pick and choose which passages involving the ark can be used? What standard are we using but then a circular one?

The fact is, I don’t pick on Mary any more than I would if someone were to say the apostle Paul was the living ark. What you’ve done reminds me of a non-Trinitarian Messianic Jew who some time ago argued with me that the Holy Spirit was actually an angel, and did this by comparing what was said of the angel in Exodus with what was said of the Holy Spirit in John’s gospel. This kind of superficial “well these two things sound the same, so they must be related” apologetics must be rejected on all bounds.

Wolf, That is exactly my point as well! Mary is the Ark that carried Jesus Christ in Her. Do you understand now. As the Ark carried the Word of God, so did Mary carried the Body and Blood of Christ.

Now Wolf, do you deny that Mary is the Living Ark of God?

Ufamtobie

The issue in the first post, I think is that it looks at Mary as Arc as though Mary actually were THE Arc incarnate. She’s was an arc, holding God in her womb, but she was not THE Arc, the relic which the Israelites carried into battle with them etc. Her history is not its history.

You completely avoided my point. You originally turned down the passages I cited, because that was the ark made by men. I responded that I was simply following the standards you yourself had set. You’ve now replied that that’s the point, since Mary carried Jesus and the man-made ark. That’s the thing - you just compared her to the man-made ark again. When I quote a verse from the Old Testament, you say, “Oh no, that’s the man-made ark!” But when you quote a verse form the Old Testament, you say, “Oh, see, it’s the man-made ark.” It comes across as a double standard.

If by that you mean I am to offer her exaggerated veneration or borderline worship, and that this belief stems from the tactic of “these two passages have the same words so they must be related”…then yes I do.

I would be OK if someone said she was a metaphorical kind of ark (I haven’t checked, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Matthew Henry compares her in such a way). To say, as you pointed out, that she is a literal new ark is, I believe, a bit too much.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.