'Follow the Islamic way to save the world,' Prince Charles urges environmentalists

Prince Charles yesterday urged the world to follow Islamic 'spiritual principles' in order to protect the environment.

In an hour-long speech, the heir to the throne argued that man's destruction of the world was contrary to the scriptures of all religions - but particularly those of Islam.

He said the current 'division' between man and nature had been caused not just by industrialisation, but also by our attitude to the environment - which goes against the grain of 'sacred traditions'.

Charles, who is a practising Christian and will become the head of the Church of England when he succeeds to the throne, spoke in depth about his own study of the Koran which, he said, tells its followers that there is 'no separation between man and nature' and says we must always live within our environment's limits.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1285332/Follow-Islamic-way-save-world-Charles-urges-environmentalists.html

[quote="Habesha, post:1, topic:201442"]
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1285332/Follow-Islamic-way-save-world-Charles-urges-environmentalists.html

[/quote]

:hypno:

Thank you, but I think I'll follow the Christian way, which saves not only the world but more importantly, human souls.

Prince Charles, you have become a very sad and dangerous joke.

Dhimmitude!!! Has this prince ever traveled to the Middle East? Outside of high-rise Dubai, there are trashes everywhere. Muslims' attitude is to "leave it to Allah." I even have pictures of the Euphrates River with tons of plastic bottles and other trashes floating around. Thank you, I'd rather be following the Christian way than the Islamice way.

My Muslim boyfriend litters as well, but Prince Charles was referring to the teaching in the Koran, not the example of Muslims. I used to kill spiders that entered my bedroom, but he once said, "it's God's creature" and that changed my way of thinking.

But if everyone followed the Bible properly, they wouldn't be polluting anyway, because they would be loving their neighbours and God.

The instant this dysfunctional,inbred eccentric acedes to the throne Canada will become a Republic,followed or preceeded by Australia.

[quote="Soutane, post:6, topic:201442"]
The instant this dysfunctional,inbred eccentric acedes to the throne Canada will become a Republic,followed or preceeded by Australia.

[/quote]

I disagree. The royal family has become something of a joke and Charles is harmless. Most recently we were treated to Sarah Ferguson's "in the gutter" attempt to shake down about $700,000 for access to her ex. But Canada (with the possible exception of Quebec) and Australia remain too proud of their British roots to secede.

[quote="OriginalJS, post:7, topic:201442"]
I disagree. The royal family has become something of a joke and Charles is harmless. Most recently we were treated to Sarah Ferguson's "in the gutter" attempt to shake down about $700,000 for access to her ex. But Canada (with the possible exception of Quebec) and Australia remain too proud of their British roots to secede.

[/quote]

Pride really doesn't have much to do with why Australia will more than likely remain with the monarchy. We had a referendum a few years back. To see if Australia would become a republic. It lost big time. Some say the reasons it failed is because of these reasons.
In order
1. Australians didn't want to risk losing the Queens birthday as a public holiday.
2. Australians trust and like the Queen more than it's politicians.
3.Australians liked the system as it is. It's a good one And the Queen as no role or say in our affairs. (except for a few ceremonial roles every now and again)Therefore becoming a republic would just be a waste of time and money for no real benefit.
4. see number1.
Personally. I voted to reject the republic idea, because of reason #1.

[quote="OriginalJS, post:7, topic:201442"]

[/quote]

The Queen is an admirable woman.At the best of times the Canadian Public is completely indifferent to the Royal Family.I certainly would not pledge allegiance to her philandering,cretinous off spring..As opposed to OZ we don't get a holiday because of her birthday-only Queen Victoria's birthday-we can remedy that by declaring it John A MacDonald day and every one gets a free bottle of scotch from the LCBO or its equivalent.The cultural make up of Canada has shifted dramatically over the past 30 years and people of British heritage are a distinct minority.The present Canadian Ambassador to the U.s.(not exactly uninfluential has predicted the same thing.)Ta-ta to the royalty and bring on the Republic.It,s time we stood on our own.

The day a Catholic can be the King of England or marry Royalty I'll reconsider my position but until then my Irish ancestry roils at the thought of pledging allegience to a German family.They're not even English.

I thought Father Fr. John Zuhlsdorf provided an insightful commentary regarding this speech from Prince Charles:
wdtprs.com/blog/2010/06/prince-charles-the-environmentalist-follow-the-islamic-way-to-save-the-world/

[quote="Thyme, post:5, topic:201442"]
My Muslim boyfriend litters as well, but Prince Charles was referring to the teaching in the Koran, not the example of Muslims. I used to kill spiders that entered my bedroom, but he once said, "it's God's creature" and that changed my way of thinking.

But if everyone followed the Bible properly, they wouldn't be polluting anyway, because they would be loving their neighbours and God.

[/quote]

I love God with ALL of me

BUT if a spider comes near my bed

Master Spider...will surely be dead:)

I will follow rthe Christian way,and Prince Charles can keep his Islam.

[quote="Renko, post:13, topic:201442"]
I will follow rthe Christian way,and Prince Charles can keep his Islam.

[/quote]

:thumbsup:Faiyth and Begorrah!

[quote="PA650, post:11, topic:201442"]
I thought Father Fr. John Zuhlsdorf provided an insightful commentary regarding this speech from Prince Charles:
wdtprs.com/blog/2010/06/prince-charles-the-environmentalist-follow-the-islamic-way-to-save-the-world/

[/quote]

Bingo.Chuck should stick to criticising modern architecture.There's no fool like a Royal fool.I think even the Muslims are scratching their head over this one.Well England will be Islamic soon enough when the heir apparent is sucked in like this.His poor Mother.His poor kids.At least the Queen Mother wasn't around to witness this latest embarrassment.I,ll bet the Republican movement in the UK just got a surge of memberships.

i pity the day that England has Charles for a King.

i believe that new zealand is looking for the day they have their independence too.

no wonder the Queen does not want to relinquish the throne to him.

Someone needs to tell his Mommy

[quote="7_Sorrows, post:16, topic:201442"]
i pity the day that England has Charles for a King.

i believe that new zealand is looking for the day they have their independence too.

no wonder the Queen does not want to relinquish the throne to him.

[/quote]

When we in the Empire proclaim "Long live the Queen!". we really, really, really mean it.

If she lives long enough to be able to come within a year or two of skipping a generation, that would be just great.

He's just sucking up at this point. He knows that by the time he's King, he'll be "ruling" from Londonistad.

I have wondered about this. Does the Queen have any authority to name her successor?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.