Follow-up question to the headcovering in church (m))

The other thread was going off on things about feminism but I had a question that I've always been curious about.

"Any man who prays or prophesies with his head covered brings shame upon his head"**.

As most said in the other thread, typically men do no wear hats indoors as it's considered inappropriate.

How does the above verse line up with the Bishops and Pope who although they take off their miter at different times they still wear it in Church and they continue to wear a zuchetto at all times?

I've always wondered this, and the other discussion made me finally remember to ask?

[quote="heart4home, post:1, topic:231515"]
The other thread was going off on things about feminism but I had a question that I've always been curious about.

"Any man who prays or prophesies with his head covered brings shame upon his head"**.

As most said in the other thread, typically men do no wear hats indoors as it's considered inappropriate.

How does the above verse line up with the Bishops and Pope who although they take off their miter at different times they still wear it in Church and they continue to wear a zuchetto at all times?

I've always wondered this, and the other discussion made me finally remember to ask?

[/quote]

Actually the zuchetto comes off during the Eucharistic prayer and is not put back on until after the purification. Just thought I would clarify that.

Thank you for that. I don’t think I’ve ever noticed them actually taking it off. Guess I need to pay more attention:-) although during prayers I usually have my head bowed/eyes closed so perhaps that is why I haven’t noticed that.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.