For a coworker whose son died this week

Please pray for my co-worker whose 20 year old son died this week. She had to leave our unit to go downstairs to the ER to see them doing CPR on her son. He had a cardiac arrest due to a heart defect. Please pray for his soul, and the comfort of his mother and father. The pain must be too much for anyone to bear on her own.

Please assure her of our prayers.
I’ve spent a fair amount of time with a mother whose 23 year old son just died…and I don’t know how one can get through such an awful loss as your co-worker is experiencing except if God carries one through.

Dear Jesus please help this mother through the shock, and through the waves of grief that follow, and the sorrow in the coming years. Please give her comfort and bless those around her.

Dear Jesus, please comfort this grieving mother’s heart in the waves of pain that frequently engulf it. Sustain it when dark mourning closes out all light of comfort and hope , and when prayer seems no longer possible. Obtain the gentle understanding and warm companionship of others to nurture the stricken heart and lead it towards hope and new life. Sustain it with faith and bring it to true generosity of spirit even in its sorrow.

Lord, have mercy on his soul and give his mother comfort and peace. Amen.

Father in Heaven in Christ’s name have mercy on the soul of the the co-worker’s son who just died of a heart attack. Comfort his parents and his friends in their great loss. Amen

A Pater Noster, Ave Maria, Oratio Fatimae and a Gloria Patri in front of a Pardon Cross for the departed.

Rove

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon him. Amen.

May his parents and family receive the comfort of the Holy Spirit.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Dear Jesus please help this mother through the shock, and through the waves of grief that follow, and the sorrow in the coming years. Please give her comfort and bless those around her.

Dear Jesus, please comfort this grieving mother’s heart in the waves of pain that frequently engulf it. Sustain it when dark mourning closes out all light of comfort and hope, and when prayer seems no longer possible. Obtain the gentle understanding and warm companionship of others for her.

Hail Mary the Lord is with Thee
Bessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb
[Jesus]
Holy Mary, mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death
Amen

God we ask that you have mercy upon this mans soul and on the souls of his loved ones.That they be granted peace in their daily struggles and kept free from all anxiety, Amen.

Lord make me an instrument of your peace
That I do for others the things that are good and just
and that I huble myself before Thee in all that I do.
:blush:

closed #10

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.