For a dying priest

I have asked your humble prayers for this holy priest once before. I ask you now to pray again for Fr. Thomas Kraft, OP who is nearing the end of his earthly pilgrimage. I have included a link to his blog that he has been keeping throughout the course of his illness. If you would like to know more about him, please visit

caringbridge.org/visit/frtomkraftop

Thank you and may God bless each one of you

Praying that St. John Vianney, Patron of Priest will intercede and be there when his fellow servant of Jesus and God will be with him on his way home.

Jesus we commit Your priest into Your hands. In his last days please perfect his spirit in Your sight.

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Short reading 1 Peter 1:22-23 ©
You have been obedient to the truth and purified your souls until you can love like brothers, in sincerity; let your love for each other be real and from the heart – your new birth was not from any mortal seed but from the everlasting word of the living and eternal God.

Prayers and Intercessions

Let us celebrate Christ’s loving kindness. He came to free his creation from the slavery of sin and give us the freedom of children of God. Therefore let us confidently ask him:

• Let your birth free us from evil.

Lord, you exist from all eternity but you entered a new life in time:
constantly renew us by the mystery of your birth
Without ceasing to be God you miraculously took on human nature:
may we share ever more in your divinity.
Light of the nations, teacher of holiness,
may your words be a lantern guiding our footsteps.
Word of God, made flesh in Mary’s womb and born into this world,
dwell always in our hearts through faith.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

I am praying.

Praying!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.