For a Good Night's Sleep

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want; he maketh me to lie down in green pastures. He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul. He leadeth me in paths of righteousness for his name sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; Thou anointest my head with oil, my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Dominus pascit me, et nihil mihi deerit: in pascuis virentibus me collocavit, super aquas quietis eduxit me, animam meam refecit. Deduxit me super semitas iustitiae propter nomen suum. Nam et si ambulavero in valle umbrae mortis, non timebo mala, quoniam tu mecum es. Virga tua et baculus tuus, ipsa me consolata sunt. Parasti in conspectu meo mensam adversus eos, qui tribulant me; impinguasti in oleo caput meum, et calix meus redundat. Etenim benignitas et misericordia subsequentur me omnibus diebus vitae meae, et inhabitabo in domo Domini in longitudinem dierum.

Prayer to Our Lady Help of Christions
by St. John Bosco

Most Holy Virgin Mary, Help of Christians,
how sweet it is to come to your feet
imploring your perpetual help.
If earthly mothers cease not to remember their children,
how can you, the most loving of all mothers forget me?
Grant then to me, I implore you,
your perpetual help in all my necessities,
in every sorrow, and especially in all my temptations.
I ask for your unceasing help for all who are now suffering.
Help the weak, cure the sick, convert sinners.
Grant through your intercessions many vocations to the religious life.
Obtain for us, O Mary, Help of Christians,
that having invoked you on earth we may love and eternally thank you in heaven.

For myself… and for all those, up in the night unwillingly.

Lately in the past nights I’ve been having a real hard time of it, and so I am going to make a rare request for prayers… for a good and peaceful night’s sleep.

God bless us and God rest us…

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

In peace I shall both lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me secure. Psalm 4:9

When you lie down, you need not be afraid, when you rest, your sleep will be sweet. Proverb 3:24

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Lord, please help Shin get to sleep at night so he can be ready and alert for his daily duties and be at peace in mind, body and spirit throughout his day. Help him to get near 8 hours of sleep every night. He needs his rest to serve you at work and at home and to pray well. Please help Shin get drowsy early enough in the night. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Thank you very much for the prayers.

They were helpful. :slight_smile: I am back on my feet again. Deo gratias. Deo gratias. Deo gratias.

So many people work so hard, harder than others, priests up in the night, parents with children, but sometimes even single folks like myself need a prayer for a good night’s sleep. :slight_smile:

Ave Maria. . . Ave Maria. . Ave Maria. . .

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.