for a kitten

that I had to put to sleep this morning.

She was a stray I found in the middle of the road, not moving. I brought her home and fed her, wrapped her up for over night, and she seemed to perk up a little. This morning, she wasn’t doing so well, so I brought her up to the vet and they gave her only a 5% chance of survival. She was very dehydrated, malnourished, and unable to hold her head up. She was also infested with fleas, which can kill a kitten, because they can be made anemic by them.

It broke my heart to have to put her down. I’ve never had to do that before and it broke my heart.

Please say a little prayer for her.

Bless your heart.
I am very fond of cats and will certainly pray for her. God loves all his creatures, no matter how small or how short their lives. They may not have immortal souls, but they still deserve love and respect, which you gave to this poor creature in her last hours.

I’ll also pray for you, for God’s blessing upon you.

Praying. God bless you for your kindness.

Thank you and bless you for caring.

Almighty God,
I was fortunate to receive the gift of this little one from You
Now that he has left this life,
please help me cope with my loss with strength and courage.
I know that this kitten no longer suffers,
and will live on with You.

Amen.

Amen

God bless you, Lily, for what you did for the little one. I know exactly how you feel. Had I found the kitten, I would have done the same as you did. Since it is only a theological opinion as to whether these dear creatures are in Heaven or not, we are free to hope that we will meet them again.

It’s hard to lose a kitty, but at least she had a friend in you.

Amen.

Thank you.
</3

God bless you, Lily. You are a very caring person.

I’ll say a little prayer for Kitty.

**Thank you for having such a kind and tender heart. This kitten
sounds like it didn’t have a very good life, but at least in it’s final hours,
this little one knew love, food, warmth, tenderness and care.

Prayers said for you both.**

Lily… The little kitten was so fortunate to have had you come along and provide her comfort, love and tenderness in her final hours. My eyes are full of tears…Prayers to you both.:heaven:

Offering a decade of the Rosary that you might be consoled.

The love you showed this small creature surely was a joy for God to see. Her little body is elsewhere now…all things created are renewed. Bless you for loving her for the time you did! I love cats!! This brought a tear.:angel1:

:frowning:
Hoping the little kitty is having a sweet sleep now…
So kind of you…

Your kind soul reminds me of Mother Teresa. I am sure she and St. Francis are forming a club to get you to heaven. I still believe that God is merciful and thoughtful of our desires. I believe that my old dog Marsha will be rewarded for her loyalty and we meet again. It may be the faith of a child, but I am told that that is the faith that will be rewarded.

Bless you for your act of kindness to another creature of God x

Even the smallest of creatures deserves our kindness and care. Bless you for your kind heart, and for giving the kitten the best hours it had likely known.

Hail, Mary! Full of grace,
The Lord is with thee;
Blessed are thou among women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now, and at the hour of our death. Amen. †

St. Francis, pray for us.

I believe this, too :o

Almighty God,
I was fortunate to receive the gift of Mitzvah from You
Now that she has left this life,
please help me cope with my loss with strength and courage.
I know that my beloved companion no longer suffers,
and will live on in many fond memories.

As she has enriched my life,
I pray that I may enrich the lives of others. Amen.

I meant to put in my last post that I am praying for you too, Lily.

May your heart be consoled that you have given much love to Kitty in his/her last hours. God is looking down and smiling on you!

:angel1:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.