For a man who needs help

I found a fellow on the sidewalk today having drunk half a bottle of mouthwash. He asked me to take him home and said it was a block away, so I picked him up and started walking with him. He couldn’t stand without assistance and I was nearly carrying him. It became clear that he didn’t know where he lived, and he was in need of medical help, so I called an ambulance for him. The paramedics cleared him and the police took him to detox.

The man’s name was Gene. Please remember him as well as the police and paramedics in your prayers.

-S-

MissMichal,

God bless you and those of law enforcement, paramedics, and treatment personel who tended to this man in his hour of need. Like the Good Samaritan, you chose to care for him and did not simply walk by on the other side of the street, pretending not to see him. You truly served Jesus today. What a blessing!

Heavenly Father, have mercy on Gene who has up to this point it seems given up on life, and perhaps even on you. Please let this instance of care that he has received be a beginning to a redemption of his life, for your Son died for him too, and thus we know he is precious to you, no less precious than any other of your children. Let all who have and who continue to work with him radiate your love to him and let him know clearly that you are present with him and for him, that he is loved, and that that is enough to begin again in faith towards you who always keeps your promises, providing all that is needed to those who seek you and who by your grace seek to be repentant and obedient unto you. Bless all who have helped and those who will help Gene to see Christ present in him and to love him as though they were standing before the transfigured Lord Jesus himself. In his hallowed name we pray. Amen.

Blessed Mother Theresa, we especially invoke your intercession on behalf of Gene and all of those here named, since after Jesus, you above all we have known have cared so much for the poorest of the poor. Please we ask you to bring your petitions to our Lord on behalf of Gene and those our Lord sends to help him, so that he will experience resurrection unto new life in Christ as well as receive the hope of the resurrection unto eternal life that awaits all who love and trust our Lord Jesus. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and in the hour of our death. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed by Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, now and forever. Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

I am praying for Gene.

God bless you for your kindness and may God help Gene.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Lord, may Gene come to know you in a special way and make the changes in his life he needs to be well again. Amen.

closed #9

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.