For a mother still grieving

It has been a little more than a year since my coworker’s 20 year old son died unexpectedly from an undiagnosed and untreated medical condition. They did not know he was sick or needed help until it was much too late. She was a single mom and this was her only child.

I see her here at work, and I can feel how depressed she still is. Recently, she has seemed particularly down. I have been gently trying to speak with her, but it is clear she does not want to talk about it. Please pray for Paula, that her heart may find peace.

Lord, please help this woman in her grief.

The only advice I can tell you is that it will be a long, difficult road for this woman. My mother lost her last child (my younger brother) when he was 3, due to disabilities he’d had since birth. It took a terrible toll on her. But mothers seem to be some of the toughest people on earth. She’s beginning to get better. I’ll pray that your friend will be able to make it through her troubles.

I am praying for her. :frowning: As a single mom of one child, I cannot imagine losing my child or the grief this poor woman must be feeling. I pray the Holy Spirit comfort her and help her to heal.

my prayers and best wishes… stay strong :o

prayers for her!

I am praying.

Lord please help this mother Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name,
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done on Earth-
As it is in Heaven.
Give us each day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us,
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary full of grace,
The Lord is with thee,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb - Jesus,
Holy Mary - Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners now,
And at the hour of our death. Amen

Glory be to the Father,
And to the Son,
And to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning,is now-
And ever shall be,
World without end. Amen

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, Oh most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus, Oh clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen

Praying for all involved. God bless them.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be
done, on earth as it is in heaven Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our
trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God pray for us
sinners now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end

Lord please help this mother Amen

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Prayers for this lady. I’d die without my son. It must be so awful. Just try to be her friend.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me Amen

Our Father who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name,
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done on Earth-
As it is in Heaven.
Give us each day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us,
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary full of grace,
The Lord is with thee,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb - Jesus,
Holy Mary - Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners now,
And at the hour of our death. Amen

Glory be to the Father,
And to the Son,
And to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning,is now-
And ever shall be,
World without end. Amen

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears. Turn then, Oh most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus, Oh clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Amen

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.