For a struggling friend

Please pray for a friend of mine, who is going trough a dark and depression filed time in his life.
Aside from some problems at home, he is drifting away from the Faith, and seems to be embracing resignation more and more. Just recently he told me he feels like an atheist, having no faith in himself, let alone anything higher. He then told me how he sees nothing but hypocrisy in the Church, that It is too rich, while people are starving, that we have to give money to the priests in order to buy our way into heaven (his house is near a Jehovah’s witnesses center, so that one may be coming from them) and so forth. I told him that I could easily explain how such claims are untrue, but a bit into my explanation, he hung up. I guess I saw that coming, since he really doesn’t need apologetic discourse right now, rather he needs Hope, Love, and Faith.
Please pray for H., that the Lord may grant him a conversion of the heart and guide him back into the One True Faith.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

In Jesus’ name, Father, please flood Hope, Love, and Faith into this man’s mind, heart, and life.
Please grant him a conversion of the heart and guide him back into the Faith.
Please heal him and the problems with his family.
We commend him to You, Father

Amen

***+JMJTJ+

Your friend ‘H’ will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae. Amen.

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.
AMEN

Prayers for your friend at this difficult time in his life, that he turns back to Christ and His Church for the comfort and strength that he needs.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.