For a Suicidal Family Member

Please pray for a family member who was hospitalized yesterday for suicidal thoughts/actions… He is dealing with major depression, and anxiety, and other things so he could use your prayers.

Thanks and God bless
In Jesus through Mary
Steve

Praying for your family member … and for you as well.

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Prayers and Intercessions

Christ, by pouring out his blood, has won for himself a new people. Let us worship him and humbly ask:

• Lord, remember your people.

Our King and Redeemer, listen to your Church as she sings your praises at the start of the day:
teach her to give unceasing glory to your greatness.
You are our hope and our strength: we put our trust in you.
Let us never be put to shame.
Take pity on our weakness. Hurry to help us,
for without you there is nothing we can do.
Remember the poor and forgotten. Let this day not be a burden to them,
but a joy and a consolation.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those that trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Lord, we ask you to fill our minds with your grace.
The Angel brought the news of the incarnation of Christ your Son.
By the intercession of the blessed Virgin Mary
may his passion and death bring us to the glory of the resurrection.

Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen.

Jesus I ask You to take Steve’s family member deep into Your heart where he knows and responds to Your love of him.

I am praying very hard that he will find hope in the Lord.

I am praying for your family. Lord let lightness shine in the darkness. Keep this family safe and hold them in your arms in this trial. Christ’s Peace!

I will ask St Dymphna to intercede for your family member, Steve.

:gopray:

Praying that the Lord may grant your suffering family member deep peace of mind…

Praying for your family. God Bless.

Praying for your family member, your family and you. May the Lord be with You!

Saint Dymphna

Lord, our God, you graciously chose St. Dymphna as patroness of those afflicted with mental and nervous disorders. She is thus an inspiration and a symbol of charity to the thousands who ask her intercession.

Please grant, Lord, through the prayers of this pure youthful martyr, relief and consolation to all suffering such trials, and especially for Steve’s family member.

We beg you, Lord, to hear the prayers of St. Dymphna on our behalf. Grant all those for whom we pray patience in their sufferings and resignation to your divine will. Please fill them with hope, and grant them the relief and cure they so much desire.

We ask this through Christ our Lord who suffered agony in the garden. Amen.

I am praying for the light and joy of Christs blessings to fill your family with new hope and peace in Christ.

You are all in my prayers

Praying for a rekindling of hope in his heart and the strength and desire to fight desperation.

Praying to St. Dymphna for your family member. Hope that he will realize that suicide does not solve anything but causes much distress to those left behind. Our family has experienced this and it is awful.

:amen:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.