For a tense situation I'm entering fairly shortly

Hey all you wonderful pray-ers!

Thank you in advance for your prayers. I’m going to be going into a very tense family situation fairly shortly (beginning in the next hour or so for about 3-4 hours) in which I will be in contact with an aunt who has hurt my family (father, mother, siblings) very severely. Although I have tried to forgive her, I am just not there yet (neither are the rest of my family). I am supposed to avoid speaking to her (per my parents request). Please pray that

1. the situation won’t be as tense as I’m anticipating
  2. God fills my heart with grace and love for this Aunt so that I can forgive her - and show her love
  3. God protects me from the temptation to lash out or be unkind

You can also pray for her in whatever ways you feel God is leading you.

Thank you very much. I will post (perhaps sometime tonight or tomorrow) to tell you how your prayers have been answered.

May the Holy Family protect you and your family and remove this pain and hurt from all hearts affected. Pray the Hail Mary during your silence and ask for Her protection and help. God Bless.

Prayers for you :crossrc:

I am praying for you.

I am prayijng for you and your family. I know it’s not easy but not forgiving people hurts us… Keep in mind the words in the Our Father. God bless you.

I wish you love and joy. Be all ears, I will pray for everyone.

I hope everything went okay! I know how tense family situations can be. May God bless you and your family.

Thank you all for your prayers!

While the evening started out with much MORE tension than I had expected, eventually it diffused some. This had been the first time I’d seen this aunt in about 9 months. I found that it helped a lot to excuse myself from the situation and pray the Our Father and St. Francis’ “Instrument of Peace” prayer over and over. I seemed to do better in general when I was doing that.

My aunt even made one kind gesture that touched both my father and I. It gives me hope that healing and reconciliation might be possible.

If you wish to continue to pray, you can pray for all of us - that God’s peace will descend on us and touch this family and also that there will be healing.

Thanks again for your prayers!

You’re in my prayers. :gopray:

Praying for your family!

Prayers for your family being said.:byzsoc:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.