For a young alcoholic, Brandon

A friend emailed me that a friend of hers has a son in trouble and needs prayers. They are asking for all prayer warriors to pray for their son and for them for they have made a difficult parental decision that is breaking their hearts.

Here is the letter the father emailed to my friend:

I have some sad news.

Brandon went to karate last night and did not come home before we went to bed. At 3 AM he called and asked me to come get him on Kepler and 92. He was drunk and hit a car he never saw. The bike is badly damaged again, miraculously Brandon was not hurt. He went over the handlebars and did a summersault over the cars hood. He landed on his feet, having never touched the car. It had to be the hand of God, but will Brandon recognize it yet and wake up? The car was stopped at the red light. They did not want to call police so left Brandon their, at his request. I had to take the trailer down and load up the bike and pieces, and my son.

On the way home I told Brandon I was keeping my word and would no longer help him kill himself. I told him he could sleep at home last night but had to leave today. When we got home, fighting back tears, I told him I was sorry but it was his choice. I told him I loved him and would pray his relationship with God would be restored quickly. He told me not to be sorry. Not a smart answer, he was letting me know it was not my fault. But he is too proud to change his choices.

It is odd how our full house seems so empty tonight. I pray for strength. I pray for God to act quickly and bring our son home. My mind keeps playing the picture of him hurdling over the car last night. It is like seeing him as a little boy helpless and in need. I feel so empty. I want to reach out to him and help him but there is nothing else I can do that he does not take advantage off.

Tomorrow I will give him a letter letting him know we look forward to his coming home as soon as their is real repentance and he agrees to whole heartedly obey the simple rules we have asked him to.

Please pray that Brandon will yield to God quickly and not bring about further injury to his mind, spirit, or body. Please pray for my wife and I.

Praying very hard!

Praying…

praying as well…

Praying…

Praying that he gets the help that he needs …

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Amen.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
Amen.

Jesus please help Brandon’s parents to act as You would wish.
Please give Brandon the opportunities and graces to overcome his weaknesses and to grow in proper self-love that prevents him from endangering himself and others.
Please help him to find a home and a living.

Thy Kingdom come.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Amen.

That story breaks my heart. I will pray for Brandon every day with my daily rosaries, adorations and Masses. I pray that he has a sudden miraculous turn around and agrees to comply with his parents rules before he does greater harm to himself. Lord, bless this family. Make them one and whole again. May Brandon repent and seek help for his alchoholism. May he see the love of his parents as holy and true and most important to him. May he be graced with conversion of heart and a happy home life. Amen.

Thank you all for your prayers. I heard from Brandon’s father today. This is what he said:

Thank you, we appreciate your prayers. We are communicating with our son. I will speak God’s Work and truth to him every chance I get. It is my responsibility as his father. Today Brandon did not show up for work. His girlfriend, who he stood up for dinner called us at 4:20 in the morning to tell us she just heard from him and he was leaving a birthday party and was going to drive to our house and sleep in his truck so he wouldn’t be late. He never showed. He called his mother just before lunch and said his alarm clock did not wake him up. I wonder why. Please keep praying, he seems to go down further each day. We hope that is a good sign that the Lord is breaking him. We just pray He will preserve his young life. I miss him.

Jesus please help Brandon’s parents to act as You would wish.
Please give Brandon the opportunities and graces to overcome his weaknesses and to grow in proper self-love that prevents him from endangering himself and others.
Please help him to find a home and a living.

Thy Kingdom come.
Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be world without end. Amen

and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Hi everyone. I heard from Brandon’s sister. This is what she wrote about Brandon who is in prison still.

He is hanging on by a thin thread and if he does the slightest thing wrong it will break and he will continue to fall throughout all eternity. I know that sounds deep but
this is how I see him. I will mail this letter to him and I hope he
understands how important God is in his recovery. My mother and I have been
telling him this for years, maybe he will take it better from a stranger.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.