For a young man beginning basic training to become a Marine

For those of you whom have read my threads on Steven over the past year & a half he is leaving early tomorrow morning to begin boot camp for the Marines.

For those unfamiliar with Steven he is an 18 year old young man with a 2 year old daughter, his daughter is my God daughter. He had a difficult childhood, has been suicidal in the past and now that the mother of his child is getting married in the fall he has made the decision to join the Marines and try to make a new start.

Please pray that he is able to complete basic training and have a successful career in the military because I really feel this is the chance he needs to turn his life from the bad direction it was going in.

He has developed a good relationship with his daughter. I plan on helping him continue to foster that relationship long distance as best I can. The mother of his child is my best friend’s daughter so I’m kind of the connection between the two families.

I remember. God bless you for your continuing support for Steven and his child.

Jesus thank You for safely bringing Steven through some awful periods, with Rayne’s help.
Please continue to help Steven flourish more and more, and please keep his relationship with his daughter strong and happy.

Please continue to bless Rayne.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying very hard for Steven’s success.

Lord, please bless Steven abundantly as he goes off the serve in the Marines. May he be strong in faith, hope, and love so he can succeed in whatever task he is given. May he find in You a best friend and a sure refuge amid the trials in life he must undergo to be purified. We are all being tried and tested like gold in fire, may Steven persevere and endure whatever trial you give him so he can shine like the sun with you in heaven at the end of his days. Grant him courage and hope and willingness to suffer for you in this life, so he can be found ready at the end of his life to enter the gates of Paradise, where he will be rewarded for all his sufferings patiently and loving endured for You. Amen.

Prayers for Steve and families…

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.